Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your daughter be on a TV show if she had the opportunity?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your child be on a TV show if they had the opportunity?

Options:

YES - explanation please

NO - explanation please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

I was asked from some folks...(not producers...but the people who find actors & whatnot) if my daughter would go to a casting call they are having. They told me she has exactly what they are looking for, for this new TV show they want to get going.

It is for a TV series about Jr. Roller derby...maybe kind of a reality TV show. They need a group of 20 girls...and there aren't many girls in the area. They are filming in our state/city.

Yes, my daughter is in Jr. roller derby & she kicks butt at it.

Some of my friends say no, they would not. They think it would interfere with school. One of them said they wouldn't want it "getting to their child's head"...i guess she means she doesn't want her to become a spoiled child-TV star or something.

I am considering it, because what if it could change her life for the better? Her 2nd grade teacher always told me that she feels she will see my DD on TV one day, and a friend of mine who works for Cartoon Network has been telling me for years to get her involved in TV and/or modeling. Should i take this opportunity? I don't think it would hurt to go to the casting call...we can always change our mind if we decide not to do it.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lil_momma_vdv
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Yes what an awesome experience!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
That sounds like an awesome opportunity, definitely take her to the casting call!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM

A lot of my friends are telling me not to...

I'm starting to wonder if they are jealous or something. I thought i would get more support from my peers....this is why i am asking. Some people are quite negative about it...

svolkov
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I wouldnt bc of school and perverts/weirdos
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I would if it is something my daughter wanted to do, I think you are probably right about the jealousy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)