Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God I hope my landlord burns in H*LL!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

We were just told by my landlord that we have to get rid of our dogs. They are changing their insurance policies and now they aren't allowed to have "aggressive breeds" on any of their property. 

I understand why. I really do....but what am I supposed to do with our babies? There are NO friends or family to call on...so what the fuck am I supposed to do???????????

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kthomasson
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Does your lease state that you can have dogs?  If so, then I don't see how legally they can make you get rid of them until your lease is up......

Amybelle
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
3 moms liked this

why should he burn in Hell because he doesn't want to take on the added expense of your dogs???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Sadly, it sounds like ya have to re-home them or risk getting evicted. My dog is family too but if I had to chose I would re-home her in a heartbeat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
3 moms liked this

If you have a lease signed that states you can have the dogs, I don't know how he can make you get rid of them. They should be grandfathered in because of that.

themissheather
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I agree with this.

Quoting kthomasson:

Does your lease state that you can have dogs?  If so, then I don't see how legally they can make you get rid of them until your lease is up......

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM
This. Also you can take a private insurance policy out yourself for an aggressive breed dog. And as long as the dog has never attacked anyone it's cheap. My dhs cousin just did this for her rott so they could lease

Quoting kthomasson:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sandiekd21
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I would move.
Honestly, if they are changing the policy that you had when you brought the dogs into the home, I call that a breach of contract that nulifies your lease.
I wouldn't get rid of my dogs. They are now my babies, just as much as my children are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Idk. Find a new place? That's what I'd do. I could never get rid of my dog. If they suddenly decided they didn't want children there, I wouldn't get rid of them. That's just how I feel. I know moving isn't always feasable, but I'd find a way to make it happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM
A lot of insurance companies will refuse coverage for a home bc of the breed of dog they have. Move or find the dogs a good home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM

because if I had titled it " My landlord is a big fat meanie" none of you bitches would have come in here to begin with:)

Quoting Amybelle:

why should he burn in Hell because he doesn't want to take on the added expense of your dogs???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)