Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ever pick one of your kids over the other?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I work at a bounce house type place. We have open play every morning for about 2 hours. We can only allow 50 kids in to jump per policy (how many can fit in each inflatable, staffing watching and firecode). The company has gotten in trouble for having more than 50 so my manager is STRICT about letting more than the number in. The parents usually line up outfront before we open to get in so we give them a number for each of their children. If you dont get a number youre told your kids wont be able to jump today. 

Well...long story short one mom waited despite not getting a number. for one of her kids. When she got up to the counter we told her only one kid could jump. She turns to her son and says, "youve been here before and kayla hasn't so you sit up here and watch tv." the boy starts to cry of course. She starts yelling at him and leaves with both kids..

I was shocked! would you ever do this to your kids?

(we also do not allow more people in when others leave because typically all staff is on the floor watching the kids. No one there to take money, get waivers and things)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Dvegas
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I only have one kid but if i had more than i wouldn't make the other one watch his sibling play while he sits there doing nothing. I would come back another time when they both can play.

acbbsmama
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM

No, I wouldn't have done that. I try very hard to be fair to both my children. We would have left and done something they both would have enjoyed and gone back to the bounce house another day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)