Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shut the hell up..ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
2 moms liked this

I dont understand why people on here ask for advice and then find an excuse for everything someone suggests.
Like if someone asks.."We`re so broke right now. What do I do?" and someone tells them to sell things and they say "oh we cant, there isnt anywhere around here to sell stuff." And then they continue to do that for every thing someone says. Why would you ask if you are just going to find an excuse for everything? Either take the advice or shut up.
Rant over.

ETA:

This is NOT about one particular post.or person.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Whisperywind
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Oh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Sometimes reasons are hidden in excuses. Sometimes there isn't anything you are capable of doing.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

They are just looking for sympathy, not ways out of their dilemmas, they've already made up their minds as to what they are going to do.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother does that, and I flippin hate it. If you don't like your life or something about it... fucking change it or stfu. Making excuses gets you nowhere. Be proactive or lay down and take it, but if you're not going to be proactive don't bitch about your problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I understand that and I dont mind giving advice but it really bothers me when someone asks for help but wont take what`s offered. And not just on here irl too

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes reasons are hidden in excuses. Sometimes there isn't anything you are capable of doing.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I think it depends on the advice. Some people give silly advice. But yes the serious ones need to be considered. Or if you have already tried that, then say so.  There are times that a sugggested piece of advice is not valid. For example, if my car was inoperable and I asked for advice and someone said "take the bus", that is not valid as there is no bus stop here or even near by, LOL.  There are buses down town but one would have to walk 10 plus miles on heavy traffic roads in order to get there.  Not an option with kids in tow.  But then the person can explain why it isn't a valid option.  

Glad my car is fine though LOL.

JadsW
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Cuz they just wanna bitch. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM
That makes sense. I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest bus stop is 30 minutes away. So things like that dont bother me. But I`ve seen a lot of people on here give great advice and they just ignore it.

Quoting Thelmama:

I think it depends on the advice. Some people give silly advice. But yes the serious ones need to be considered. Or if you have already tried that, then say so.  There are times that a sugggested piece of advice is not valid. For example, if my car was inoperable and I asked for advice and someone said "take the bus", that is not valid as there is no bus stop here or even near by, LOL.  There are buses down town but one would have to walk 10 plus miles on heavy traffic roads in order to get there.  Not an option with kids in tow.  But then the person can explain why it isn't a valid option.  

Glad my car is fine though LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
lol exactly

Quoting JadsW:

Cuz they just wanna bitch. Ain't nobody got time for that.

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I know exactly what you mean!!! I was in that...hypothetical post too.

Do you need the fucking money or what?? Find somewhere to sell your shit then. Stop dicking around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)