Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reporting Gay Activity

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/31/tennessee-bill-would-require-schools-to-report-gay-activity-to-parents/

Holy crap.
Can someone make clicky?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM

That is ridiculous.  Why do schools care who is gay or who is straight.  10% of the population is gay.  Do they really want to take on that kind of 1950's monitoring?

This is why the republicans are seen as so out of touch with reality.

iwilliams76
by Irene on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM

That's what I want to know.

Quoting jtsmommie0104:

What exactly is "gay activity"

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I don't think they're talking about assplay in the hallways. They're suggesting reporting anything that the teacher decides might be "risky" behavior. This is up to the teacher's discrection and can probably be things like "I saw Jimmy holding hands with another boy."
While, as someone suggested, a parent who knows their child probably wouldn't be surprised at that. In the middle of the bible belt, that's a great way to make sure Jimmy homeless and his family disowns him.

Quoting Sasha-:

I think if they are under age technically they should report all sexual activity, gay or straight. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
staceysgorbach
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM

YEP! I have a friend who lives in tn and her and i were talking about this. RIDICULOUS!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I have said this 100 times.  The poorest, most poorly educated states in the south come up with such nonsense.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I swear, I would move to Iraq before I moved to the South.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM
The fact the station is biased and though I can't prove it I'm fairly certain they agree with it. That's all.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

They are just reporting it.  Still, what?

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't think Fox News could shock me anymore..lol. I know they're just reporting it but still.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

That's just stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have said this 100 times.  The poorest, most poorly educated states in the south come up with such nonsense.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I swear, I would move to Iraq before I moved to the South.

Just when I think they cannot get anymore nuts down there.... BAM! They come up with something more nuts than the week before. Craziness, I say!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Has anyone else noticed that's its ALWAYS a stupid ass republican that comes up with these stupid laws and bills?
TeamTARDIS
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
If they are reporting it to parents, just like they would report any sexual activity then I don't see what the big deal is.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM

What "station" isn't biased?  Not trying to be rude at all =0)

Quoting Anonymous:

The fact the station is biased and though I can't prove it I'm fairly certain they agree with it. That's all.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

They are just reporting it.  Still, what?

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't think Fox News could shock me anymore..lol. I know they're just reporting it but still.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

That's just stupid.

With light and love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)