Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to Stop Gossiping

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 0 Replies

1. Think, Think, Think.

Improve memory and attention with scientific brain games.

2. 2
    "Honesty, without compassion and understanding, is not honest, but subtle hostility." - Rose N. Franzblau
  3. 3
    Ask yourself these several simple questions mentally about what you're about to say before speaking aloud:
    • How would you like it if someone said this about you?
    • Is it true? Maybe it is, but is repeating it necessary?
    • Is it kind? It may be true, about yourself or someone else, but if it will harm another, you have no right to repeat it.
    • Is it just? Is it honest, compassionate, with the person's best interest at heart?
    • Is it necessary? Will it do any good and satisfy all the other conditions? Not only is it necessary, but is it necessary for the other person to hear? Remember, "Need To Know."
  4. 4
    If it passes this simple test, then by all means speak your mind and never fear again that you might be caught being a gossip.
  5. 5
    Try not to talk about people behind their back. Remember what goes around comes around. Unless it is necessary, don't say something about someone else that you wouldn't say to his/her face.
  6. 6
    Try to think of the implications it might have if you were to spread this gossip.

ONLINE GOSSIP IS JUST AS BAD

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)