• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish I could be a SAHM.. :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

As I sit here looking at my newborn son sleeping and filling out the upteenth application this week online I must confess I wish I could be a stay at home mom.

I would love nothing more than to have another child next year and stay home with my children until they were at least in school.

I absolutely love being a mom and my son is amazing and I don't know how in the world I'm supposed to leave him alone. (he wouldn't be alone, obviously)

But that isn't possible at the moment (even though even DH wants me to be able to stay with our son for at least the first year) and I realize that for us to get ahead we both have to contribute but i absolutely HATE the idea of going back to a mediocer job as a waitress making less than $3 and hour and begging for tips even with a college degree under my belt. But even that job "let me go" while I was out for 3 weeks after having a child. So now I'm having to search again.

Ok..I'm done bitching now, this was just my confession.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MichaelsMom0711
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I completely understand u, my son is 18 months now and im 15 weeks pregnant with #2, I reallllly want to stay home now, especially with 2, like u said at least til the youngest starts school, and I have been thinking of every way possible for me to stay home since my first was born but it just cant happen either. we need both incomes too. BUT, if ur job let u go after u had this baby, if I were u i would be down at the unemployment office or the Dept of Labor filing a complaint, they cant punish u for giving birth. At least if u got unemployment or a settlement from them or somrthing that would buy u a little more time. Just a thought and definitely what I would do. Good luck :)

justahousewife
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I always felt my obligation was to be home when the kids were young. Personal conviction. I figured it out. Get creative, don't settle for less than what you want. It's not easy but it is possible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I'm sorry mama.

VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Could you find a kid or 2 to babysit?

Byrd15
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I'm so sorry... Hugs! <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I understand totally, I felt the same way with 2 of my 3 boys. I had to stay home with my last one, I wanted to experience it while we were able to financially.

sarah427
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Could you do in home daycare? You'd be working, but still get to be with your little one...

Quoting Anonymous:

As I stil here looking at my newborn son sleeping and filling out the upteenth application this week online I must confess I wish I could be a stay at home mom.

I would love nothing more than to have another child next year and stay home with my children until they were at least in school.

I absolutely love being a mom and my son is amazing and I don't know how in the world I'm supposed to leave him alone. (he wouldn't be alone, obviously)

But that isn't possible at the moment (even though even DH wants me to be able to stay with our son for at least the first year) and I realize that for us to get ahead we both have to contribute but i absolutely HATE the idea of going back to a mediocer job as a waitress making less than $3 and hour and begging for tips even with a college degree under my belt. But even that job "let me go" while I was out for 3 weeks after having a child. So now I'm having to search again.

Ok..I'm done bitching now, this was just my confession.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM

If you can handle it, I think taking in another child is a good way to make money, since you won't have to pay for daycare. I'm tutoring part time, but I keep dd with me so even though I don't make a lot, at least I keep what I make, so it still helps. Other than that, see what you can do to cut corners and save money everywhere else. Between day care, gas and everything else involved with working, it may just be cheaper to stay home. Find out what you'd bring home after all that, and find a way to just cover that gap. Just an idea, hope you figure something out...

Quoting VeggieRunnerMom:

Could you find a kid or 2 to babysit?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)