Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There is a sense of accompishment

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

I don't know if accomplishment is the right word, But when I go grocery shopping and I go down the "Cleaning and laundry" Isle and I do not buy anything, I get this overwhelming feeling I am doing good for the earth. I have been making my own laundry soap and getting rid of all the harsh cleaning stuff in my house and using alternatives and saving money to boot! yay!

Anyone else that green cleans get that feeling to or is it just me? LOL!

wedding countdown

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I want to make laundry detergent and dish soap, but I've not gotten around to it yet.  Maybe I'll do it this weekend...

Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to make laundry detergent and dish soap, but I've not gotten around to it yet.  Maybe I'll do it this weekend...

Its not hard at all.

wedding countdown

starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I still buy my laundry detergent because the one time I made it, I failed.  I do make my own cleaning spray and when my toilet cleaner is gone, I will be using just vinegar.  I do buy dish soap and dishwasher soap and handsoaps.  My shampoo and soaps are organic or homemade by someone else.  I don't remember the last time I bought a cleaner!  Thats good enough for me!!

lowencope
by ❤️Lucy 💋 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I go down that aisle and I don't feel bad. Sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I green clean and just get the feeling that I'm not exposing my kids to chemicals. I don't feel anything for the earth, I do it for my family.
Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Quoting starbuckmom03:

I still buy my laundry detergent because the one time I made it, I failed.  I do make my own cleaning spray and when my toilet cleaner is gone, I will be using just vinegar.  I do buy dish soap and dishwasher soap and handsoaps.  My shampoo and soaps are organic or homemade by someone else.  I don't remember the last time I bought a cleaner!  Thats good enough for me!!

I am trying to talk my husband into getting wool dryer balls.

wedding countdown

Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Quoting audreesmama:

I green clean and just get the feeling that I'm not exposing my kids to chemicals. I don't feel anything for the earth, I do it for my family.

I do it for both

wedding countdown

audreesmama
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Your post makes it sound like it's for the earth and money, which are the reasons you cited.

Either way, I use vinegar for most everything. It's fantastic!

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting audreesmama:

I do it for both

starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I rarely use dryer sheets anymore.  I use vinegar in the softener dispenser in the washer.  It acts as a softener and gets rid of soap residu too.  I never use a dryer sheet on my towels.  The dryer sheet leaves a layer of stuff that keeps the towels from absorbing water. 

Another thing, I have an umbrella clothes line that I use every spring-fall.  That way I quit using the dryer unless I am washing on rainy days.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quoting starbuckmom03:

I rarely use dryer sheets anymore.  I use vinegar in the softener dispenser in the washer.  It acts as a softener and gets rid of soap residu too.  I never use a dryer sheet on my towels.  The dryer sheet leaves a layer of stuff that keeps the towels from absorbing water. 

Another thing, I have an umbrella clothes line that I use every spring-fall.  That way I quit using the dryer unless I am washing on rainy days.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting starbuckmom03:

I want to use an outside line, but My youngest has TERRIBLE allergies in the spring and fall..Grrr..I love clothline dried sheets they always smell sooo good!

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)