Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this bra better? What about this outfit? S/o of my post from Yesterday.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I had made a post before to gain some opinions on my body.

I weigh 200 lbs, and honestly have no clue how to dress my body type.

One of the main things that was said was that I needed a better, more supportive bra, so is This bra better than the black one (I will post that pic in replies)

I will also repost the pics I posted of different outfits that I would wear out of the house, so please give me your opinions on what works and what doesn't. Also, if you have any suggestions that would be great.

Ive always been very self concious about my body, and I'm still not fully comfortable, especially at my current weight, but I am becoming more comfortable with my body (still going to work on my weight and getting into shape) but my knowledge of fashion and what would work on me sucks.

I'm also currently wearing the white bra

Oh. Also, as far as terms for clothing goes, I don't know any terms, so I might have to ask
You to explain what your talking about if anyone recommends a specific look or style

Also, one of the main things I need to know is how to kind of hide my pudgy middle, without hiding in baggy clothes and sweats.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (21-25):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM
My mirror is too messed up to take a decently visible picture in it. It's also a 4 panel mirror, think panels, so the panels cut off both of my sides and make my sides look smaller than my middle.

Quoting queenamy:

can you take a pic in front of the mirror so  we can actually see your body shape everythig you take is from the top and makes your legs look stick thin with a very heavy top

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Ok. I don't want to sound stupid,,.but what's seamed cup
And what's molded cup?

I always just picked a bra and
If it fit I wore it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop taking pics from above. It makes your body type look different (which is, frankly, why heavy women do it in the first place) but it also lifts your arm which lifts your breast and makes it hard to see how the bra actually fits. 
A bra should lift your breasts to the point where, when you are looking at yourself straight on in the mirror with your arms at your sides, they are in front of you and not wider across than your ribs. And when viewed from the side the aidest part of the breast should be at the midpoint between your bent elbow and the top of your shoulder.

If you find yourself reaching behind yourself to pull your bra strap down during the day, it's too loose. And when you buy a bra it should fit on the loosest hook so that it will still fit as the fabric stretches. You'll get better support from seamed cups than from a molded or t-shirt bra.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Horizontal stripes make a heavier person look bigger.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM

i am 5'10, i dont know my weight...im guessing 140-150? I actually THREW out the scale right before i had DD.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I have the same issues since ive had my DD. I gained 100 lbs during pregnancy. I went from a size 3 to now a 8-10. I wear A LOT of spanx and juicy track suits. They camouflage the best for me. Good luck! Remember, it took 9 months to get there, it will take longer to get it back!!

Size 8-10 is normal. I am sure you look good. What is your height and weight? I am size 8-10 and weigh 137 and am 5 ft 5 in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Seamed cup bra.  There's a seam diagonally across the cup.

Seamless bra. Also called a tee shirt bra, there's no seam to show through your shirt.

Molded cup bras are the ones that hang on the rack like the boobs are already in them. They're boob shaped and fit together like bowls when you stack them in your drawer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok. I don't want to sound stupid,,.but what's seamed cup
And what's molded cup?

I always just picked a bra and
If it fit I wore it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop taking pics from above. It makes your body type look different (which is, frankly, why heavy women do it in the first place) but it also lifts your arm which lifts your breast and makes it hard to see how the bra actually fits. 
A bra should lift your breasts to the point where, when you are looking at yourself straight on in the mirror with your arms at your sides, they are in front of you and not wider across than your ribs. And when viewed from the side the aidest part of the breast should be at the midpoint between your bent elbow and the top of your shoulder.

If you find yourself reaching behind yourself to pull your bra strap down during the day, it's too loose. And when you buy a bra it should fit on the loosest hook so that it will still fit as the fabric stretches. You'll get better support from seamed cups than from a molded or t-shirt bra.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)