Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THEY WANT TOO MUCH!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Curious those of you who have cleaning ladies/maids... how much do you pay them and how large is your home?

I dont actually think these cleaning agencies want too much lol. I definately want to shop around and make my dollar stretch. 

Does anyone have experiences with The Maids, Mystic Maids, Merry Maid, Molly Maid?

We had a cleaning lady before we moved, but unfotunately she doesnt work as far out as we live now. I do not know the area well or anyone here, so I am having a hard time finding just a local service. I am considering just paying the extra money for a liscended and bonded company that has workers comp. 

Right now its looking like 90/hour (or 80/hour if I pick an off day for them) for the deep clean (first clean) and then 150 per visit after that.. and I want every two weeks... or twice monthly..

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM

bump

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I pay $160 a visit, every other week.  Get two people, licensed and bonded (local agency) for 2 1/2 hours, so that's 5 hours of work.  I've had them quite awhile.

Had Merry Maids for awhile, it was good at first, then the "good ones" left, and the people I ended up with were awful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I pay $160 a visit, every other week.  Get two people, licensed and bonded (local agency) for 2 1/2 hours, so that's 5 hours of work.  I've had them quite awhile.

Had Merry Maids for awhile, it was good at first, then the "good ones" left, and the people I ended up with were awful.

Ok so that sounds about the range of what the companies are saying. It goes from $135 (local agency) to $265. Merry maids were priced right around 145. I have to find out if the lower end is liscenced and bonded with workers comp and all that. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

PPFFT! 90 dollars an hour is too much!!  

Im a cleaning lady and charge 20/hour.  Look on craigslist for a cleaning lady, you'll get better service for cheaper.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I used to own a residential/commercial cleaning company. We would charge 125 an hour residential/170 an hour commercial, with a 4 hour minimum for residential and 6 hour minimum for commercial.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Quoting 428:

Im a cleaning lady and charge 20/hour.  Look on craigslist for a cleaning lady, you'll get better service for cheaper.

That is actually where I started my search. I found someone yesterday on there, but I was out running errands and so I didnt save the information. Went back on today and now I cant seem to find anything. The cleaning lady I had prior only charged me 45 dollars a month but at the time we had a small 1100 sq foot apartment. 

The 90/hour includes two people, but ya..the initial cost seems high. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I used to own a residential/commercial cleaning company. We would charge 125 an hour residential/170 an hour commercial, with a 4 hour minimum for residential and 6 hour minimum for commercial.

One of the companies. The maids I believe is charging 150/hour for the first visit. After that its a flat rate. 

anitarichman
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I pay $90 for the house to get cleaned whether she's there for 2 hours or 4! She comes every other week and cleans 2 floors.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Ive worked independantly and Ive worked with companies.  I did the exact same work.  The only difference was with the companies, there was a constant rotation of employees so no one really gave a crap about their job or their work.  There was 3 appts or more a day and corners were cut.  I have seen maids from maid companies steal things.(yes I did report them)

As an independant maid, my money depends on my client retention.  If I lose a client there is no company who will just send me to another client.  I also have less overhead to cover.  

I would keep looking and waiting for a private maid.  They tend to be cheaper, better and more reliable.  Kijiji and Craigslist is where I put up my ads.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

That is actually where I started my search. I found someone yesterday on there, but I was out running errands and so I didnt save the information. Went back on today and now I cant seem to find anything. The cleaning lady I had prior only charged me 45 dollars a month but at the time we had a small 1100 sq foot apartment. 

The 90/hour includes two people, but ya..the initial cost seems high. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quoting anitarichman:

I pay $90 for the house to get cleaned whether she's there for 2 hours or 4! She comes every other week and cleans 2 floors.

Ya I paid less when I went with an independent and finally craigslist was working on my ipad so I will be contacting a few of those. 

Although I do kind of like that the large organizations are liscensced and bonded with workers comp and all that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)