Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Classic American Spanking--f/u on "what were you spanked with."

Posted by   + Show Post

There was a recent thread here asking what you were spanked with growing up. It seemed to me that the vast majority described events that I would not consider a spanking--but a beating. Saying " i was spanked with whatever mom could grab" was familier response. These sound like sudden violent events, rather than loving discipline.

When I was growing up, I received what I believe is considered the classic  american spanking.  My calm mother would take me across her knee, and spank my bare bottom--usually with her hand, but sometimes with a wooden spoon or wooden harirbrush. Regardless of your opinion on the effecacy or appropriateness of this punishment, it was absolutely done with love. My transgression and reasons for punishment were carefully explained, there was a hug and forgivenss afterwards. 

Am I correct, that this was so unusual? Was anyone else spanked this way?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:41 AM

I was also spanked that way.

I vaguely remember that my butt was bare at some point, but they probably only did it once or twice because I don't really remember it.

There were a couple times my dad was furious (without understanding what happened) and smacked me without warning.

Most other times we discussed the spanking, I lay across my dad's lap, he smacked my butt a few times with a belt or his hand and then they said they loved me and let me play.

I think both ways are wrong and lazy parenting.

MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Bahahaha!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel dirty all of a sudden...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laparla
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Why would it?

It's your parents, for cripe's sake, the same ones who wiped your smelly butt for three or four years!

Quoting stephanie73401:

I am pro-spanking, but this bare bottom thing is really creeping me out.

mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My parents spanked. Never my naked ass. That's some shit i find weird. I was spanked with switches, paddles, and belts. No it was never a beating, i was always fully clothed, it was done on my ass, although sometimes i moved. Lol.. And my parents always talked to me afterwards. I love my Mom and Dad with everything i have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:51 AM

If its love when a parent hits a child,  why is it considered abuse when one spouse hits another spouse.  I'm sure it's done out of love.

mrspena
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:58 AM
My mom would spank us. It started off withh her hand when it was just my brother and sister. But as the last 3 of us wee born she graduated from hand, to wooden spoon, to paddle. We were bad asses. Not s much going out and running the neighborhood bad but bad between each other. And we usually acted up together so "spanking" all of us by hand would be more panful for her.
As we got older and hit our teens we got more mouthy (as most do) than naughty. So she would slap our mouths. Well she did mine until one day I was standing across the room mouthing of (as usual) and she asked it I wanted to get slapped. Out of reaction I told her "Yeah, hold on Ill be right there" than followed up with "Why do parents ask that? What do you expect us to say? Yes mom, please slap me. Its fun. I really enjoy it". I dont think she knew how to react to that. But I never got slapped again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM
I was spanked as a child with a belt, hand, fly swatter or whatever they are called. Switches but honestly I'm not scared of my mom or my dad whats so ever. I respect them and I know why they did what they did and how they did it.
mrs.hummus
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM
My parents used tgeir hands and when we were older, belts. It was a last resort thing. They would just stand us up, one hand holding an arm and spank with the other. No bare ass lol but a few swats right on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I would have been brought into the bathroom or my mums room my mum would Lower. My panties and take me across her knee and spank my bottom . Once I passed 9 till 11 she would leave my pants up but spank me with a spatula or a spoon . It was more the embarrassment I hated rather than the pain
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:04 AM

We got the belt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)