Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not drama related, but Im doing my school work, and would like opinons

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have a discussion question for my class, and I want to see if you think my answer is a good one. I think it is, but just asking for opinions, or how you would better answer the question. Ok, here's the question:

Over the last decade the role of computers in every day life has changed dramatically. Describe how computers have become a part of your life and how you feel about that influence.

And my answer: 

As a young child, computers were not a big influence on me. I was a young child in the 90's and computers were not as prevalent as they are now. In the last 10 years, however, I have integrated computers into my daily life, almost as a part of my routine. Since becoming an adult, I use computers to keep in contact with my family and friends in other states via Facebook and email. Computers are also making my ability to go to school and take online classes easier. One other big thing, is my husband is going to Korea for a year, so the computers are going to be a great way for us to stay in contact, and for him to be able to communicate with our children. 

I dont mind the influence of technology, because it really is becoming a way of life. We are in the age of technology, and I have seen many of the older generation learning how to use computers to be able to function in everyday life. I never thought I would see my grandmother with a Facebook account, or an iPhone, but it seems that to be able to connect these days, everyone has to adjust to the times. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, it shows a basic idea of how technology has changed from the past to present.  Nice.

gblossom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

BUMP!

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Ty :)

Quoting gblossom:

BUMP!

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

BUMP!

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It's ok...  I have a different view, but yours is well written...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I'm guessing this is just supposed to be a paragraph long? Not an essay? Are you a freshman?
hplesha
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Bump. I would have to agree with your opinion. A lot of business companies rely on their websites and some businesses have the advantage to show you your bill or statement online as well as pay for your bills online instead of getting paper mail and having to go stand in line to pay your bills.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Thank you! This class is only half the time a normal one is, so I want to do the best I can to keep my grade up (this is the first time Ive been in school since graduating high school), and reading some of the other peoples one line responses, makes me want to go even more in depth 

Quoting jas_momof2:

It's ok...  I have a different view, but yours is well written...

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM

No not an essay, each week we have discussion questions along with our assignments and lectures.Theres no specified length, and I figured Id rather explain myself than only give one line answers, seeing as we are supposed to reply to others posts and give critical replies.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm guessing this is just supposed to be a paragraph long? Not an essay? Are you a freshman?

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM

A lot of places dont even offer the pay here option anymore! Plus its SO much more convienent to do online IMO

Quoting hplesha:

Bump. I would have to agree with your opinion. A lot of business companies rely on their websites and some businesses have the advantage to show you your bill or statement online as well as pay for your bills online instead of getting paper mail and having to go stand in line to pay your bills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)