Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about TurboTax

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
It says on tt that the irs accepted our stuff on the 27th. Then it says our refund is estimated between the 9-19th for direct deposit. But the where's my refund site just says that they received it, not anything about being accepted or an estimated refund date. Anyone know who or what to go by? I'm a little confused lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM

That sounds normal. I've been using Turbo Tax for many years. Never had a problem. Just wait, you'll get your refund.

So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I've used them the last couple of years, but usually their site and the wmr site are about the same. I didn't think the irs was even doing anything until yesterday, so I was surprised to see tt's site say it was accepted on the 27th.

Quoting goddess99:

That sounds normal. I've been using Turbo Tax for many years. Never had a problem. Just wait, you'll get your refund.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I used TT. Mine was accepted te 26th and yesterday gave me the same window. When I went to the IRS.gov yeaterday it only said that it was processing.

Today IRS.Gov now says that it was approved and it will be deposited Monday feb 4th.

So basically your return is still processing. turbo tax will not notify you when the return is approved and when the money is deposited. They will just give you a window. Keep checkin IRS.gov daily (they update the system once a day usually at midnight) and once it is approved it will say so with the exact date of deposit
So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM

yeah..on TT it says accepted. on the irs site it says they received it and it's still being processed. on the irs site it doesn't say 'approved' yet, just that they're still processing it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used TT. Mine was accepted te 26th and yesterday gave me the same window. When I went to the IRS.gov yeaterday it only said that it was processing.

Today IRS.Gov now says that it was approved and it will be deposited Monday feb 4th.

So basically your return is still processing. turbo tax will not notify you when the return is approved and when the money is deposited. They will just give you a window. Keep checkin IRS.gov daily (they update the system once a day usually at midnight) and once it is approved it will say so with the exact date of deposit

So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was also accepted the 27th and irs website still says processing. Just give it a few more days and see if it changes.
So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:36 PM

i'm not in a huge hurry, really..just weird to me since this is the first year both sites haven't been 'in sync'... if the one girl that replied earlier had hers accepted by TT on the 26th (the day before ours), and today the irs site gave her a date, then maybe tomorrow the irs site will have a date for us.. at least that's what i would think logically, since ours was accepted (according to TT) on the 27th, putting us a day behind her..but, as we all know, the govt. doesn't get in any hurry lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine was also accepted the 27th and irs website still says processing. Just give it a few more days and see if it changes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Especially when it's them giving (owing) is money, lol. If it was the other way around they would want their money right then and there.

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

i'm not in a huge hurry, really..just weird to me since this is the first year both sites haven't been 'in sync'... if the one girl that replied earlier had hers accepted by TT on the 26th (the day before ours), and today the irs site gave her a date, then maybe tomorrow the irs site will have a date for us.. at least that's what i would think logically, since ours was accepted (according to TT) on the 27th, putting us a day behind her..but, as we all know, the govt. doesn't get in any hurry lol

Quoting Anonymous:

So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:42 PM

exactly lol.. since they didn't start accepting stuff until the 30th or whatever that was all about, are they extending the cut off date (apr 15)?? i bet not, but you never know i guess lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Especially when it's them giving (owing) is money, lol. If it was the other way around they would want their money right then and there.

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)