Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

teens

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a relationship with a man and my 13 year old daughter do not like himanymore she used to but once we move in she can't stand him any ideas, suggestions, comments, etc?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Ask her why the change?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Did he do something? I only ask because my mom remarried when I was 12. He was a great guy, then we moved in with him and he tried to touch me. Not saying that is happening but I would ask her whats up? I would sit her down and talk to her, without him around or possible not even in the house. Assure her she can be honest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Talk to her about it.Be careful here.If my daughter couldn't stand my bf after we moved in,I'd seriously reconsider living with him.Actually,I'm not sure I'd even move in with some guy at all with my young daughter,unless we got married.

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:40 PM

My mom got involved with her DH when I was 12. There were reasons not to like him, him and my mom worked together for many years, he was married with a 4 year old DS and a 5 month old DD. They began an affair and he immediately decided to leave his wife. He lived in my grandparents' basement for 9 months because she didn't want me to see her living in sin. Although, they became engaged 4 months later, and had many sleepover dates. I don't think it would've mattered had he lived with us.

I was indifferent to it at first but as their relationship grew stronger, her husband began to test his boundaries with me. He thought I was undisaplined and began grounding me not respecting him as a father. My whole life I was told I didn't need a dad and all of a sudden because my mom had a bf, I should've been so grateful. I began to act out more and they put me in counseling. After she became pregnant and had my half sister, I moved in with my grandparents because I was not needed, they had a perfect little family.

At the time, I was relieved to move in with them. I grew to hate my mother. Now I wish she would've understood how I felt and made him back off... 

annaflaka
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Well we been dating for a while and he's really good with both of us. I have ask her if he touch her or look at her in any way , I have told her that if he ever try anything like that HE WiLl die!! I told her I love you more than anything. He also told me the story about his life. His parents divorce and he did not had a good relationship with neither? He say " I do not want that same relation I had with my step parents" he's tryin but just because off that I don't close my eyes about them two I will always keep my guard up!! The only thing she said was I just want the two of us like before! We're engage and we haven't married because of me. I want to finish school for my daughter future. I don't know what else to do is like they both demand attention for me and I do not know how to balance it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)