Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why don;'t they make FS like WIC?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Give you a check and state what you can and can't buy on it.  

WIC: Bread, milk, eggs, beans, cereal, juice, tuna!!

FS: Card with $$ on it!?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I guess you don't know where most of your tax dollars are going. I guess you can't answer my question because then you'll look like a fool. Lol

Quoting talia-mom:

Yet again, your ignorance is showing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our defense spending is a lot more than welfare. Many on welfare work and provide services too. They're not as important or deserving though?

Quoting talia-mom:

The military provides a service and one constitutionally mandated.  Also, you are ignorant if you think a majority of taxes go to the military.

Quoting Anonymous:

And why aren't they bitching about military pay and what military spend their money on? I guess they're ok with the majority of their tax dollars paying for junk food for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

You people do realize that once something like this is done and the government has complete control over the poor they are just going to move up to the next class. Do you really think that the government will do something like this to the poor and stop there? I don't think so. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Yep. No alcohol!

Quoting peaches_04:

I think they do to an extent
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I know much better than you.   But yeah, keep living in your ignorance.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess you don't know where most of your tax dollars are going. I guess you can't answer my question because hen you'll look like a fool. Lol

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Our defense spending is a lot more than welfare. Many on welfare work and provide services too. They're not as important or deserving though?

Quoting talia-mom:

The military provides a service and one constitutionally mandated.  Also, you are ignorant if you think a majority of taxes go to the military.

Quoting Anonymous:

And why aren't they bitching about military pay and what military spend their money on? I guess they're ok with the majority of their tax dollars paying for junk food for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

You people do realize that once something like this is done and the government has complete control over the poor they are just going to move up to the next class. Do you really think that the government will do something like this to the poor and stop there? I don't think so. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Lol!!!! You know much better? Lol clueless.

Exactly what am I ignorant of? Please prove that the majority of our taxes go to welfare. Please.

Quoting talia-mom:

I know much better than you.   But yeah, keep living in your ignorance.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess you don't know where most of your tax dollars are going. I guess you can't answer my question because hen you'll look like a fool. Lol

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
They never give me tuna.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Because we shouldn't be told what we can eat. We get a set amount regardless of what we buy and the amount is set based on income not on what we want to buy.

If someone wants to waste their food on junk, so be it. That's just less money they have and more money they will have to come up with out of pocket to buy food when the junk runs out.
angevil53
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM
That would be almost as demeaning as taking someone's money to buy your food o.O
tennisgal
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I think we can all pretty much agree on what is healthy and what is not. mt. dew...not, frozen broccoli...good to go. 

we disagree on the idea that milk is crap, but maybe they offer almond mik, soy, etc. 

not to mention..it IS government money, of course they should have sayso. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Dairy milk is crap.

If we make it like WIC what happens then? Forced to eat what the government feels is healthy?

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

I agree.  It makes no sense.  It is just so crazy to give people a free pass to consume crap.

Beverages (other than milk), candy, and bakery items (cakes, doughnuts) should not be purchased for you by the government.

I don't get it.  If I didn't pay for my own groceries, I'd probably eat even healthier than I already do.

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Because WIC is a supplimental food program made to serve a specific deficiency in a specific age group. and this is theUSA! We are free here. people in communist countries visit a store with a booklet that states what they can buy and how much and how often. thats not what the USA is about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)