Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone know what this knot on my leg could be?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I have a knot on my leg, its on the outside of my calf, close to my shin bone. It's about an inch across, about the size of a golf ball is around. Matter of fact other than it being red instead of bruised it looks like I could have got hit with a golf ball. Anyone ever had something like this? It's sore if I press on it, but other than that doesn't bother me. Oh, and its been there around a week and gradually got bigger. Will add pic in reply.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Bump
thatsamorex2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Maybe its a blood clot? Is it warm to the touch?

\

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM
A very little bit, I can tell a small difference with my wrist but not with my hand.

Quoting thatsamorex2:

Maybe its a blood clot? Is it warm to the touch?

\

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Looks like a spider bite.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM
There isn't a head on it, any puncture wounds and it started out small and not red. I thought the same thing but it doesn't have any signs of a bit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Looks like a spider bite.

-PB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Did you bump it at some point?  I'd say a hematoma (from hitting it on something) or a blood clot.

JTE11
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Could be a blood clot, an infection/boil/abcess...maybe it's time to go to the doc? I don't know if you are on birth control but being on BC makes you more at risk of developing blood clots (especially if you smoke, don't know if you do). I'm not saying I know what it is but if it IS a blood clot you'll need immediate attention (it's an emergency). If it's an infection you'll need treatment so probably just go. Good luck, I hope it feels better :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
No injury to it. Uhgg now I'm getting really nervous it is a blood clot, I've never had or seen one. I didn't even know you could see them.

Quoting -PB:

Did you bump it at some point?  I'd say a hematoma (from hitting it on something) or a blood clot.

Jubileee
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I had a blood clot start out in my thigh very similar to that. It traveled to my left lung and almost killed me within 24 hours. You shouldreally go to the dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)