Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HE** YES IT'S MY BUISNESS!

Posted by   + Show Post
If I am babysitting your child for free whether your my mother in law or not, and YOUR 3 year old bite my 8 month old 10 times in like 10 seconds YOUR FUCKING RIGHT YOUR CHILD WILL SIT HER FUCKING ASS ON MY COUCH UNTIL YOU GET OFF WORK! This is bullshit you might think biting is something that all 3 year olds do and she's just "exspressing herself" but she won't do it IN MY fucking house!
Pissed vent over
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (191-200):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

No, a private babysitter.  Needless to say, she never went there again, AND I didn't pay her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

My 10 yr old daughter was bitten on the face 3 times during nap time when she was 6 months old by a 3 year old boy.  One of them was by her eye.  If it had been 1 cm to the right, it would have been IN her eye.  I was not informed that this boy had a biting problem.  His mother informed me that he doesn't have a problem.  He had only bitten 2 other people before her.  I wanted to bite that monster to see how he liked it. Here is a couple of pics of the bite scars.

That's terrible! Was this at a daycare?

WOW What an idiot! I hope you chewed her ass off! Seriously!

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Yes I did-in the ER.  I was pissed.  First of all, she put my 6 month old (who had started rolling over and moving a lot more) on a queen sized bed with NO barriers to prevent her from rolling off.  That 3 year old wasn't supervised and had the oppurtunity to climb up on the bed and bite her.  If she had needed a pack and play, I would have brought one.

Icing on the cake was she stretched out a brand new outfit to the point it could not be worn.( The elastic was ripped right out.)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

No, a private babysitter.  Needless to say, she never went there again, AND I didn't pay her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

My 10 yr old daughter was bitten on the face 3 times during nap time when she was 6 months old by a 3 year old boy.  One of them was by her eye.  If it had been 1 cm to the right, it would have been IN her eye.  I was not informed that this boy had a biting problem.  His mother informed me that he doesn't have a problem.  He had only bitten 2 other people before her.  I wanted to bite that monster to see how he liked it. Here is a couple of pics of the bite scars.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not child abuse to put a child on the couch for repeated hurtful behavior toward another child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hope the mom is getting off work within the next 10 minutes, because any longer is child abuse and if I were mom I'd beat your ass for making my child sit on time out any longer than 10 minutes.

aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM

When my middle child was 3 he went through a biting phase the last straw for me was when he bit his 7 year old brother through a pair of jeans hard enough to break skin!!  The 1st and last time I've ever spanked him, he's never bit again.

Quoting dlnimo:

Ohhhhh the big bad anon is going to name call now. Aren't you mature.
Okay well I have 16 month old twins and the other day I left the play room to restock on some diapers. I was gone for a minute, if that. Kayla had scratched Sophia in the face hard enough to draw blood and guess what? It dripped on the floor!!!!!!!
There goes your theory.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn this post is full of morons.  Do you think that drawing blood and blood running down the arm are the same things?  A paper cut draws blood, a knife produces blood running down your hands.  Do you not see the difference?

Quoting dlnimo:

How is that? It takes only one bite to draw blood! Nice try though........

Quoting Anonymous:

Get off your high horse, crazy lady.  No one said she couldn't pee.  I'm simply pointing out the exaggeration in her story.  If that baby got bit so badly that blood was running down it's arm, the OP was doing more than peeing.

Quoting helema24:

so she should of peed herself? if i leave my 3 and 4 year olds with my almost 8 month old they won thurt her or any othe rbaby they are around while i go pee. mabey as th emother of the 3 year old the mil should teach her better manners!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um, how about a little personal responsibility?  What in the hell were you doing that a 3 year old had access to your 8 month old and bit the baby so hard that blood is running down the baby's arm?  You are exaggerating.  If you are watching the kid, actually watch the kid and maybe these things won't happen.

Quoting pennerb538:

My 8 month old had blood running down her Arm she ain't getting up and playing sorry she lost that privilege. I have to make sure she ain't gonna hurt her again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hope the mom is getting off work within the next 10 minutes, because any longer is child abuse and if I were mom I'd beat your ass for making my child sit on time out any longer than 10 minutes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Sorry , but two wrongs don't make a right.  I can understand your anger , but you being a grown up and taking care of this child would mean you should have explained to her that what she did was wrong.   Putting her in time out for a bit would have been sufficient.  I don't think she bit her 10 times in 10 seconds  and if she did, you should have been there supervising after the 1st bite.   Also with you being as angry as you sound in your post, I am sure you were verbally abusive to this 3 year old Child and maybe you needed to take the time out.   Biting is wrong!  And this child should not be doing it, but you have to remember this is a 3 year old that is fairly young. I hope your baby is ok . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Yes I did-in the ER.  I was pissed.  First of all, she put my 6 month old (who had started rolling over and moving a lot more) on a queen sized bed with NO barriers to prevent her from rolling off.  That 3 year old wasn't supervised and had the oppurtunity to climb up on the bed and bite her.  If she had needed a pack and play, I would have brought one.

Icing on the cake was she stretched out a brand new outfit to the point it could not be worn.( The elastic was ripped right out.)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

WOW what a dumb bitch! She shouldn't be babysitting cats!!

BAM4EV4
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I stopped babysitting a friend of mines kid because he was just too mean to my daughter and I was really starting not to like him at all.  I was catching myself not being very nice to him so I just told her it was not working out and she needed to find someone else to watch him.

booklover74
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Just becuase the rules for a liscenced daycare say you can't do this doesn't mean it is abuse. It means it is against the rules for you.

Every single state has differnt rules for liscenced daycares and those rules don't apply to regular people in thier homes. They don't apply for thier kids or ones they are babysitting.

Sure there are other alternatives to making a child sit on the couch, that doesn't suddenly turn sitting on the couch into abuse. Redirection and short time outs are about the only tools a liscenced daycare has for kids that misbehave and act out. That's too bad because neither is terribly effective in the long run, particularly when the offending child figure out that's all that can happen. Regular people in thier homes have far more options and they aren't abusive.

Personally that child would have been sitting on the hard floor in the corner until the mom got there and I'd have made that clear to the mom. A three year old biting a baby, multiple times, leaving open wounds....does not need to be redirected, they need to be isolated  (sometimes for long periods of time) for the other kids safety. Typically developing three year olds know biting, particularly to that extent is wrong. heck most daycare would have demanded the mom show up and take thier child within 30 minutes, and not return.

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

I am a state licensed registered daycare provider. It's in the rules and regulations. If you have  child in your care that bites you the adult take necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all the children in your care.   if it means taking your 8 month old into  bathroom you  that. if it means putting the 8 month old  crib or pack n play you do it. you could even put the 3 year old in a booster seat at the table to color. So many other options. but you'reyou're just  babysitter. not  trained professional.

Quoting pennerb538:

Not allowing a child to play is not abuse. God you women are the reason the child welfare system is so fucked up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Finally!! Someone who clearly understands the point I am trying to make here. One out of however many that have blasted me is pretty freaking sad.

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

To restrict a childs movement for more than 15 minutes is child abuse of you are caring for another persons child.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what if mom gets off work at 5. It's lunch time now. Are you okay with a 4 hour time out for 3 yo?

Quoting silverdawn99:

Lol over ten minutes is not child abuse

Quoting Anonymous:

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:16 PM

The last reply showing says February, how did this show up on my page on the post feed? Wierd!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)