Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's DO YOU CARE? S/o

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

How do you make plans with your friends?  If they can't make a time or you can't, what do you do?  Do you compromise or do you just go to your own tune?
The other post about the park made me realize that some SAHMs aren't as compassionate with others time or efforts, meaning what's convenient for you may not be convenient for others so it's your way or the highway.

For those who didn't read that post, it was about two moms trying to get together but one mom bailed and then she wasn't as accepting to the second mom's schedule.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

IDK. I have no friends with kids. bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

All of my SAHM friends do our playdates in the mornings. Big kids off to school, before lunch time/nap time for the little ones. It seems to accomodate everyone. If someone wanted a playdate during nap time, well, um, sorry, doesn't work for me.

usmcwifey11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM
We find a time that is mutually convienient.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

We figure it out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I don't have any friends. Most of us SAHMs keep to ourselves. 

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM

All my friends work so we only really get together on weekends which is time with my dh and kids so it's rare we get together. I understand they work, they understand that spending time with my dh is important so we are all around understanding of eachothers schedules lol. I want more friends that SAH so we can do play dates etc but it's hard to meet moms my age with kids the same age too

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM

If it is a casual spur of the moment thing, like I'm going here at this time if you want to come, then I don't compromise.  I have plans and they can either make it or not - no biggie.  If it is for something planned in advance - lets do a playdate next Wednesday - then we find a mutually beneficial time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Whoa, I work part time, and my friends that SAHM and playgroup (all SAHM) are nothing short of considerate, accommodating and wonderful with regard to scheduling and my time constraints

LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I compromise with everything in life. To only go off of what works for you also falls along the lines of being controlling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM
We have a play date once a week with a a group of us ladies from the church. When its warm we do it at the park and when it's to cold we get together in the gym at the church. Same day/time every week if one person can't go everyone understand and it's not a huge deal because there are so many of us!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)