• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHD

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 20 Replies

So my boyfriend irritates me to no end! But i love him. I had my son in November and am now back at work full time.. We decided for him to stay home because my job was more stable than his and daycare would be between 800-1000 a month for both the kids. The deal was he would find an evening job and stay home during the day while i worked during the day. I breastfeed as well. So this is how it goes.

We get up at 6:30 i feed the baby and get ready for work.

He gets breakfast for me and dd (6) and lunch for school for her as well. I leave. He does all the house work... i come home for lunch at 12 to feed baby, he has lunch on the table we spend about an hour together and i go back to work. I come home house is clean dd's homework is done, dinner is ready. Sometimes i help with dishes or dd's homework. We put the kids to bed between 8pm and 9pm depends on the evening and then we watch a tv program together, read or watch the soccer game thats on. He's the best. I love him and i almost dont want him to work. I've never been good at house keeping, i get really frustrated with it and it takes me forever. Him he gets it all done in an hour. I dont get it..

But i'm proud he's mine. I seen another post about what your so does to piss you off, which he does have his moments but the good heavily outweights the bad. what about you? Would you mind being the provider and hubby being the sahd.??

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM
We did this for half my marriage. I didn't mind. Now I'm the SAHM. We traded off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM
If I had a job making more than he did and we could live off of it.
He could totally be a sahd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
die4u
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I was a SAHM with my first child, i hated it, i loved the time i got with her, but i felt trapped and sad and alone. plus as i said i get overwhelmed with house work. I dont know why but i do. I'll plan it all out in my head and then go to do it and get off track and it takes me hours to do something simple. I was thinking about seeing a hypnotist to see if i can get them to make me better at it. lol. I hate it, makes me feel bad.

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
We did that for almost a year. I told him to take his time to find a good paying job that he thought he'd like.. Well he found one.. lol I'm happy he found a job that he enjoys, but I miss him being home :(
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I tried the SAHM mom thing too. I hated it. I like being out and about and busy. House work doesn't keep me busy when that's all I can do all day...

Quoting die4u:

I was a SAHM with my first child, i hated it, i loved the time i got with her, but i felt trapped and sad and alone. plus as i said i get overwhelmed with house work. I dont know why but i do. I'll plan it all out in my head and then go to do it and get off track and it takes me hours to do something simple. I was thinking about seeing a hypnotist to see if i can get them to make me better at it. lol. I hate it, makes me feel bad.

Aludaru
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I'm the one working while hubby finishes college. He's mostly taking online classes which he does while our daughter naps. When he has to be on campus, my mom watches her. I hate that I have to work and am missing out on all this time I could be spending home with her.
die4u
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I love my job and happy to be here, but i know what you mean. I came home for lunch the other day and my son Ali was in the playpin i walked over and picked him up and he just busted out laughing, i was so excited and happy, my so say "oh yeah he's been doing that". :(

Quoting Aludaru:

I'm the one working while hubby finishes college. He's mostly taking online classes which he does while our daughter naps. When he has to be on campus, my mom watches her. I hate that I have to work and am missing out on all this time I could be spending home with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Nope I loved it . My husband did a better job than me and it was so relaxing when I came home , house was nice and clean and the kids were fed and quiet:) however that only lasted 6 months and he wanted to go back to work even though he didn't have to:( but he did get 2 nd shift so that we still see eachother. I work overnight and spend all mornin with him till about 2:00. I miss him being at home full time lol.
Diatech12
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Mne is a sahd for the first time in 6yrs. Last year we both worked but now just I do. I like it, I like that the boys get time with daddy. He cleans and cooks(except laundry) but he's like you, it takes him all day! He's also always late with dinner, he has adhd and looses track of time
I think I'm much more suited to staying at home, even more so now that I've worked. I get it all done quick, plan ahead, and get things done on time like bill paying lol.
I think he is feeling the same way. He makes small comments on my days of about how he likes seeing me in the am(I leave while he is asleep) or how I'm much more organized than he is.
I love hm though and he does a really good job!
die4u
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM

it might be a  bad stereo type but i feel like a failure as a woman not being a good homemaker/ domestic engineer as i like to call it. lol. i just suck at it! i like working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)