Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm fat and disgusting and no matter WHAT I do it doesn't go away... PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies

People say work out...so I do... 7 days a week.

They say drink water.. so I cut all other drinks and just drink water.

They say no fast food, no junk food, etc.... so I cut it out.

They say eat veggies and fruits.... I do and nothing else except maybe a grilled piece of chicken once a week (3 oz).

They say get plenty of protein... so I do.

LITERALLY I have done it all and continue to do it ALL and NOTHING improves.  I actually GAIN more weight.  It is NOT muscle.  Trust me.  My clothes don't fit.  I feel disgusting.  I am disgusted by my own skin.

I don't know WHAT else to do.  I take thyroid meds but my levels are normal everytime they're checked.  

I have talked to my doctor and been seen my a GI doctor and spoke to a nutritionist.  They basically think I'm just a liar.

I'm miserable.  Has ANYONE else dealt with this? Does ANYONE know what it could be or what I can do?

PLEASE HELP ME!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

P.S. I can't take diet pills due to the fact that I have heart palpatations from time to time and my thyroid meds wouldn't mix well with diet pills.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Bump

TheLooneyBinMum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I was going to ask if you had thyroid problems. Is there a chance that they don't have your medication right? Maybe the dose to too high or too low?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Have you talked with your dr?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
Are you on any other medications? Which thyroid medication are you on?
katinahat

I would talk to your doctor. You may have an underlying condition and your weight loss is just a symptom of it.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM

talk to your doctor. If you really have tried all of those steps there might be a deeper medical issue

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I've gone from 11.4 (WAY over into Hypothyroid) down to .84 and now fluctuate between .85 and 1.34 which is the "normal" range to almost Hyperthyroid which would cause weight loss.

Quoting TheLooneyBinMum:

I was going to ask if you had thyroid problems. Is there a chance that they don't have your medication right? Maybe the dose to too high or too low?

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

How are you getting enough protein if you're only eating fruits and veggies? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM

it can be more complicated than just doing those thing. Cardio you can do it but it should be lose intense where you heartrate isnt over 140 that way your are burning fat not muscle. You need to get muscle. Muscle burns fat faster as well. My trainer has me eating things like oatmeal for breakfast a snack like a granola bar then a sandwich for lunch then after lunch NO carbs.snack of fruit or nuts. I eat white rice gilled chicken and a veggie for dinenr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)