Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible headaches with Loestrin 24 FE

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 15 Replies
Has anyone else ever taken this and had this side effect? Will they go away once my body adjusts? I also have a terrible cold so that may be part of the problem. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Bump
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I'm not familiar with that one, does it contain estrogen? Any bc that contains estrogen gives me AWFUL migraines!

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Yes. It is supposed to help with such terrible periods. You take it for 24 days instead of the typical pill. I am trying to hold off on calling the doctor or stopping it, but I have been miserable since I started taking it on Sunday.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I'm not familiar with that one, does it contain estrogen? Any bc that contains estrogen gives me AWFUL migraines!

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Quoting Mom2KIL:

Yes. It is supposed to help with such terrible periods. You take it for 24 days instead of the typical pill. I am trying to hold off on calling the doctor or stopping it, but I have been miserable since I started taking it on Sunday.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Yea, you may be really sensitive to the ingredients.

happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I take it and never have had a problem.  You have a cold; do you actually have a sinus headache?

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:42 PM
How can I tell the difference...I started taking it, got a cold, and the headache all in the same day. I feel horrible! I am tired and achy all over, my nose is raw from blowing, head hurts so bad I feel like my eyes are going to pop out, and I am very nauseous. Help !!!

Quoting happykitty316:

I take it and never have had a problem.  You have a cold; do you actually have a sinus headache?

haunted.mommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Yeah I had a side effect.  It didn't work and I had DS1 LOL

Lovingmomfarm
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I had to stop taking it.  I had a migraine that lasted 8 days.  Ended up in the ER and was had to get some heavy doses of meds to make it go away.  I had suffered migraines for about a year.  They did a CT and also changed my BC.  Each time they changed they would go away for about 3 weeks then come back.  Finally after the Loestrin 24 FE, the one that caused the 8 day migraine I stopped taking BC altogether.  Have not had a migraine since.  We just now have to be very careful so that we don't get pregnant.  

Fields456
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I haven't had any problems with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Personally that eye popping feeling is usually sinus for me.  I wouldn't stop the pill until your cold is cleared up so you will be able to tell the difference.  Hope you feel better soon!

Quoting Mom2KIL:

How can I tell the difference...I started taking it, got a cold, and the headache all in the same day. I feel horrible! I am tired and achy all over, my nose is raw from blowing, head hurts so bad I feel like my eyes are going to pop out, and I am very nauseous. Help !!!

Quoting happykitty316:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)