Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop complaining about your life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Some people have legitimate gripes. But really on here I see married women claim to feel like single moms when their husbands are away for a week. Or single moms who keep repeating poor choices in picking a mate, won't look for a job, etc. Those aren't even the worst of the worst as many of you regulars know. I have read through many posts shaking my head.

I am a single mother. I had no job when I was pregnant because I had lost my previous job. I was on a welfare to work program and received food stamps. I went to college while I was pregnant. I searched for a job untill I landed one. Then I went to continue college to get my bachelors degree. I worked my ass off to move up in my company. I bought my own car. I went on a transitional housing program to get myself ready to rent on my own. I raise my child full time all by myself. I don't have any help. I also suffer from a chronic illness which has caused its own hardships financially and physically. I bust my ass daily and I live on a very tight budget. But I do it. It's part of being an adult with children. I am thankful for what I have. I also do not put my selfish wants before my child's needs. 

Stop being so selfish! Be thankful for what you have and stop being lazy and making sorry excuses, especially if you are able bodied. Nothing will improve in your life if you constantly complain and don't work hard. If you have a legitimate reason that you can't work, seek help and other resources. They won't come to you. The internet has all sorts of ways to connect with resources, jobs, etc. Use them! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone has their own struggle and everyone has the right to vent their feelings occasionally.

night.magic
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

why are you complaining about what others complain about

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)