• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

v- day ugh

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

so me and my fiance have been together for 4 years now. and i have never gotten anything for v-day i know its stupid holiday and it doesnt define a relationsip but it would be nice to have flowers or really anything a sweet text even. but im not going to ask for it that would be lame but anyway anyone else have anything to say about v-day or special ones that you still remeber?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I'm a single Pringle so I'll just be decorating cookies with my son. :)
Ashley0523
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM

My hubby always trys and make vday special we usually get one of our family members to watch them one night and he takes me out to eat and we go do something fun :) and if vday is during the week he brings me flowers home but he does that as special little suprises anyway ! You should tell him how you feel some guys you just have to be up front with lol

MommyT642
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

last year was the only time i got more than a card for vday. i was preg and craving sweets like crazy. My guy got me a pkg of vanilla oreo's! best gift ever!!!

sampson200
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

And yes, I'm married with children. :)

We'll be doing chocolates for the kiddos and a movie night....hubby and I buy each other's favorite candies and pig out and if we're not in sugar shock, maybe we'll screw.

It's a silly holiday. :)

Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I got 4 hard leather backed books our first year. Sweetest thing I ever got!
But this year as has been past 5 years, V-Day is more about my baby Girl, it's her birthday so...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
myideasaretaken
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Our first Valentine's together he brought me a dozen roses to work, my favorite candy, and took me for a ride in the country.  I still have the petals from those roses in a cigar box! He does something sweet every year but I won't ever forget the first time :)

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I love Valentines Day, I used to be a florist adn it was always so fun on Valentines week, I'd work 80 hours that week, but I'm a total holiday junkie. My mom always made the random holidays like Valentines Day so much fun growing up so I've always loved it. My beau HATES cards, he thinks they are stupid. But I told him thats all I want for Valentines Day a card that the words on it mean something. So every year he gets me a card, its cheesy but it makes me very happy b/c I know he spends the time looking for the perfect one just to make me smile :)
There alwasy goofy to, last year had squirrels on it and talked about how his nuts were mine. LOL, it's the little things!

jellybeanjean
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Dh always manages to get my flowers and/or chocolates. We don't go out because its such a busy annoying day. It's not that big of a deal to me...although I would like to go out this year.....mainly cause since DD we don't get out much on dates....

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I'm not big on flowers, but on my hubby and my first valentines day, he got me half a dozen black roses. He always tries to do a little something for me and the girls, even if its just candy and a stuffed animal. This year my friend is having a valentines day special: a teddy bear, 3 roses in a vase, a box of chocolates, and a balloon delivered to the kids at school for $15 bucks. So that's what the girls are getting, last year my hubby got me a boondock saints lamp and some walking dead figurines.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

We don't do anything for Valentine's Day usually.  Our daughter's birthday is 2 days afterward and now we are having a second daughter the day before this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)