Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to the food pantry!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Because I make too much for food stamps!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM

It surprises me how those that need them can't get them. Try Catholic Charities as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I would love food stamps but because my exs "pays" CS im over. He never pays and I still getit punished. I just got payed but my check has to go to rent and we have nothing to eat. Im very greatful my friend is giving me a ride

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

It surprises me how those that need them can't get them. Try Catholic Charities as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

do what you gotta do

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

This happens to my mom as well. She uses the food bank in town about once a month. She makes too much on food stamps.. pff please. They don't count medical expenses towards getting considered for food stamps. So to them, she only pays 600 in rent, and the rest is free money for her. Nevermind her meds, car payment, or other bills.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:42 PM

i have a friend who's daughter  gets fs because she lies and says she has custody of her kids, but she doesn't and she won't pay her child support either. her parents pay for the groceries & everything else for her &her kids. they babysit for free. now she's living with them and this way the money she earns she can go shopping with!  i would love to turn her in but she's in a different state and its really none of my business. but it makes me mad when people who really are struggling can't get help and she's abusing the system.

Pm me for more info and a free sample.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM
good for you. But why do you feel the need to tell everyone? A lot of moms do this. Reminds me of fb how you have those few people who update their status every five minutes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Thats terrible! I could easily lie but I dont. Its not far for others. Its fine, im sure good karma will come my way.

Quoting wooly:

i have a friend who's daughter  gets fs because she lies and says she has custody of her kids, but she doesn't and she won't pay her child support either. her parents pay for the groceries & everything else for her &her kids. they babysit for free. now she's living with them and this way the money she earns she can go shopping with!  i would love to turn her in but she's in a different state and its really none of my business. but it makes me mad when people who really are struggling can't get help and she's abusing the system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I went last week. It was the first time. Here we can only get a box every 60days. We don't qualify for for fs either, it has just been a really tight month. It was awesome though, got two huge boxes of good foods, not at all what I expected. I was so appreciative!
I even went back later that day to give them a box of clothes my boys had out grown because I saw a sign that said they were in need of kids clothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Its sad its that way.

Quoting AmyL3469:

This happens to my mom as well. She uses the food bank in town about once a month. She makes too much on food stamps.. pff please. They don't count medical expenses towards getting considered for food stamps. So to them, she only pays 600 in rent, and the rest is free money for her. Nevermind her meds, car payment, or other bills.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Im going to bring clothes when I go too. I have jackets and boots I know someone would like to have.

Quoting Anonymous:

I went last week. It was the first time. Here we can only get a box every 60days. We don't qualify for for fs either, it has just been a really tight month. It was awesome though, got two huge boxes of good foods, not at all what I expected. I was so appreciative!

I even went back later that day to give them a box of clothes my boys had out grown because I saw a sign that said they were in need of kids clothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)