Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My feelings are hurt *Edit

I saw her today, we went to her house  with my dh. She was surprised to see. So I said, whats up bitch (we call each other that its affection to us, not mean) . Did you forget about me? I've missed ya! Would have been nice if you called or atleast text. She said, my bad I was on my period and couldnt be around the baby (some mexican tradition. not to hold babies why a woman is on her period, idk what it means). So we went shopping at the flea market and we were walking around and we had an alone moment and she said her man was being a bitch , wouldnt let her borrow the car, or giver money or come over. She said she was going shopping later for the baby and that she was going to come to the house in the after noon, those where her original plans. 

So I know we will talk in detail later, but I am still hurt, like I said we live so close to each other she could have walked and there was no reason for her not to call me or atleast text me. Oh and her daughters surgery was no major surgery she was in and out in a flash it was to remove a small cyst in her arm and she is doing great.

Ya Im probably being a little emotinal about this but I need to get it out.

My bff of 3 years has been there for me through the bad and the good, we were really close and united, our kids consider each other cousins, and we have always been there for each other on important moments, bdays, holidays anything and everything life changing. we spoke on the phone every day and saw each other constantly. even made dinner several times a week for each others family.

My first and only baby boy was born 1/22/13 he is 9 days old today. I had a csection, and she knew how much i needed her support. She didnt come see me that day or while I was at the hospital, i understood because she has a 3,4 &5 year old girls.

When I came home, she didnt call. So i called her and gave her an update and told her to come over, she said she would call me right back. So i sent her a text and told her come kick it with me for a bit but please leave the girls at home. ( reason why i asked that is because as much as i love the girls , they are the devils kids and didnt want them running around my house unsupervised destroying everything or hitting the baby, or getting him sick.)

she never replied. last time i spoke to her was saturday, she said her man wouldnt let her come because she couldnt bring the kids, i told her you are coming over for a bit not the whole day ask him to watch them for a little bit, we only live literally 2 min away from each other. so she said she would try.

I am still waiting for her visit, a call, or at least a text. but nothing..... her 5 year old had small surgery the other day I texted her and told her i hope everything went all right, she said it did, phone dying call you later. but she never did.

I am hurt because we are so close, and she was so excited about my son being born and she is technically the only girl i trust and confine in,. I miss her and love her very much, but i am so hurt that she seems she has no interest in even knowing how i am doing or how baby is doing. i am really sad, my dh thinks im over reacting and he could care less, but how could i not be hurt when she is my only trust worthy girlfriend, she is practically a sister, she was also suppose to give me a baby shower , talked about it all through my pregnancy but she never did it.

am i wrong to feel this way.

Thanks for reading if you have made it this far...

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I understand why you did it. I wouldnt want screaming kids over either

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

would you want 3 kids running around and screaming and getting in to everything when you just had surgery? would you want them trying to hit your new born? would you want them fighting over toys with out their parents saying anything to them? or leaving crap all over your house?

if i was fine and dandy , no problem, but with a csection is not that easy.

Quoting Momtimestwo:

I was all sympathetic towards you until you got to the part where you asked her to leave her kids at home.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:58 PM

No I don't think your fully wrong, I do think your having high expection for your friend. If all her kids are 1 year apart it might not be easy to find someone to watch them so she can do girl time with you. Plus I doubt her husbands wants to watch all the kids so she can just go & hang out.

Yes I have been in your shoes twice & while I would have wanted people to visit me so I could show off my new baby. I never got mad or expected people to come.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
You need to put yourself in her shoes. If someone said come visit but leave the baby home because they cry too much. Would you go? Would you be upset?
MrsFlores_2006
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Thank you! I know live goes on and people come and go, but making girlfriends is so hard for me, she was the only one in a long time that i clicked with and got along with so great.. and i miss her.. to the point i want to cry.. =/

Quoting ALolies:

My dd just went through something similar. I told her this, life moves on and so do friends. Continue your life with a happiness that never ends. 

Yes, it hurts, but she cannot control your true happiness. Love that baby boy and your other child/children with all your heart. She'll come around eventually. God bless you.

momof2891
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
No I wouldn't. I didn't want any child around me or ds after I had him and I had an easy birth. The only child that was allowed around ds was dd. I don't blame you at all for not wanting three unrulely children around your newborn baby.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

would you want 3 kids running around and screaming and getting in to everything when you just had surgery? would you want them trying to hit your new born? would you want them fighting over toys with out their parents saying anything to them? or leaving crap all over your house?

Quoting Momtimestwo:

I was all sympathetic towards you until you got to the part where you asked her to leave her kids at home.

Momtimestwo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
If that's the way they behave, then I wouldn't expect my friend to come over EVER.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

Quoting Momtimestwo:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Lol

Quoting Momtimestwo:

MCA23
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Momtimestwo:

Exactly.  And I understand WHY you don't want extra kids running around right now, but you also said she has a litle one who just had some minor surgery... could just be that she's got a lot on her own plate right now.  Focus on your new little baby and your recovery.

I think time with a new baby at home, especially if you've had a csection, is supposed to be as mellow and private as possible.  It drove me nuts to have people over all the time, I just needed to rest and bond with my new baby and be with my husband.  Maybe she's trying to give you some space.

MrsFlores_2006
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Her sister lives with her, and her older kids live with her too, they have all watched the girls before with out a problem and so has her man. so leaving her kids was and is still an option for her... i only wanted her to be here for a bit i was not asking her to come and stay the whole day with me. and i am not mad, i am hurt

Quoting Anonymous:

No I don't think your fully wrong, I do think your having high expection for your friend. If all her kids are 1 year apart it might not be easy to find someone to watch them so she can do girl time with you. Plus I doubt her husbands wants to watch all the kids so she can just go & hang out.

Yes I have been in your shoes twice & while I would have wanted people to visit me so I could show off my new baby. I never got mad or expected people to come.

MrsFlores_2006
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM

crying kid or not i would leave them at home... until she was ready to have regular visits

Quoting ecerka:

You need to put yourself in her shoes. If someone said come visit but leave the baby home because they cry too much. Would you go? Would you be upset?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)