Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son has some weird issues lately.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I don't know if I should be concerned or not. The first really weird thing I noticed is if anyone is sitting next to him he gets really irritated and says they are breathing too loud or talking to loud or like my 4 year old was sitting on the same couch as him eating a snack (string cheese) and he got mad because she was "chewing in his ear". The other thing that just came up is if anyone but me touches his plate at dinner he won't eat it. Like if one of the other kids takes his plate to the table he says they got germs on it. He's 8 I just wonder if its some kind of phase or if it could point to other problems.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabeybaby07
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:42 PM

well the noise irritation i get - some other mom on here gave me a name for it - i forgot, but it starts with a M .. i have it too. And the other sound a little like OCD

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Me and my siblings did that shit to each other all the time. I wouldn't worry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom7142
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Sounds like he is developing a phobia. My oldest son has a phobia of backpack material! He can't hear it scratch or touch it.
-42-
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Misophonia is the sound thing.

I've been that way since I was a kid.....yelling at my brother for breathing too loud and eventually bursting into tears because my mom couldn't make him stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:45 PM

It's hard to say. Keep an eye on it. Ask him about the plate touching issue, if it happens again.

poshkat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Quoting -42-:

I've been that way since I was a kid.....yelling at my brother for breathing too loud and eventually bursting into tears because my mom couldn't make him stop.

Yup me too. I can't be around people who eat crunchy things. I get so mad I have to leave the room. My son has sensory processing disorder, as well as me. As I'm typing this I can hear the fabric of my shirt move and it's driving me bonkers!!
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Sounds like siblings being siblings to me. I get annoyed when people chew loudly too.

okijet
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Traditionally parents should be putting children to bed at the same time, this helps routines stay .  And it gives the child a feeling of completion.  The whole mind relates to life when it's rested right through the nignt, if possible, but a full 8 hrs. is crucial for sensory---sleep- deprivation not to take over .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Sounds ever make you sick? I'm very very sensitive to sounds certain ones peoples sniffling noses, coughs of others, sounds of cars/trucks in idle in the road. I get anxiety and frustrated and then i start melting down to tears to the point where I feel like I'm actually going to puke at times. I made a post about it not too long ago. Curious if you ever experienced feeling sick as a result of sounds?

Quoting -42-:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I've had that problem most of my life,except for the germ thing.Always been extremely sensitive to any 'noises'.Things sounded a lot louder to me than they really were and it would make me so nervous.As I got older it lessened quite a bit,but still have a problem with loudness.I'm constantly complaining the tv is too loud,or people are yelling when they're actually speaking in a normal tone.I don't like to hear people chew either.

I've learned to live with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)