Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just feel worthless...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 55 Replies

I've blown 3 jobs in the last 2 years, since I've been with SO. Before that, I blew countless jobs. But in the last 2 years I've been a dishwasher, got fired after 2 days because I apparently wasn't doing what I should have been doing.

I've been a worker at Papa Murphy's. I got fired because I told them I needed at least 20 hours a week and they said they couldn't give me that much.

And I've been a waitress at a local restaurant called The Remedy and I got fired when I was pregnant because I refused to do upstairs tables.

What the fuck is wrong with me? For real. And we live in a small town, so the places I've worked in the past couple years are pretty much the only places I could have worked. I can't work at a gas station or McDonalds because I have a retail theft charge on my record and I can't work at Walgreens or a bank because I don't have my diploma. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Stop telling your bosses what you will/won't do, and just do what you are supposed to do.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
O.O

Dude.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Be a better employee : )  Maybe housekeeping?  A different restaurant?  Stocking or working the floor at a store instead of working the register?  Secretarial work?  Cafeteria at a home, rehab, school?  Maybe work for the city?  Good luck.  

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, thats helpful jbird!  : P 

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

O.O

Dude.....

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Get your GED!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Sometimes you got to suck it up and do what you got to do. You may not like some things your boss tells you to do, but that's life.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I blew a housekeeping job when I was 16 :(

I am definitely applying at different restaurants but a lot of them aren't hiring. Most places around here don't hire until around summertime. 

Quoting Matriarch87:

Be a better employee : )  Maybe housekeeping?  A different restaurant?  Stocking or working the floor at a store instead of working the register?  Secretarial work?  Cafeteria at a home, rehab, school?  Maybe work for the city?  Good luck.  

ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I know it's stupid but it was my first time being pregnant. I was terrified of falling down the stairs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes you got to suck it up and do what you got to do. You may not like some things your boss tells you to do, but that's life.

AmyL3469
1 mom liked this

You need good credit for most banks as well, and duh a bank won't hire you because of a record. what is wrong with you? Really... Stop demanding things from your employers and acting entitled. Do your job.

AmyL3469

housekeeping with a theft charge?

Quoting Matriarch87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)