Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She learned a lesson the hard way *kinda long

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
The kid I nanny is 7 and she's been out sick for a week now and she's almost better just a slight temp so moms been letting her stay home with me until she's 100%

So today I had to take the younger one to Mother's Day out and we have to leave the house no later than 9am.

The oldest is in her pjs and I told her she could stay in them till 845 and play games on her iPhone but at 845 she needed to get dressed so we could leave, she can tell time and I'm trying to teach her independence.

So before I left the room I went over everything again with her. I said you need to watch the time and at 845 you need to get dressed. I said we are leaving straight up 9am whether you're dressed or not.

So 830 comes around and I remind her to watch the clock because I won't be reminding her again.

845 rolls around and I truly was busy and forgot to keep up with the time.

9am rolls around and the youngest is dressed and ready and I call for the oldest and she comes out of the room with the ohh shit I screwed up expression.

I say put your shoes on we need to leave. She tries to argue with me and I told her no that we needed to leave now and she had plenty of time to get ready. She tries the tears and a temper tantrum and I tell her she doesn't even have time for shoes and she needs to get into the car now.

So we get in the car and she's still throwing her fit and when we get to the school I park and she looks at me and I say get out, we have to drop your brother off. Her eyes get huge and she says I'm too embarrassed and I tell her she can't stay in the car it's illegal so she gets out and goes in with me to drop him off.

I had errands to run and did contemplate making her wear her pjs all day but decided to be nice and after we dropped him off we went home and I let her change.

Think she will be more attentive now?

Btw her mom knows, I texted her after everything was done.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Lol she'll definitely be more careful next time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I'm hoping. Her mother has admitted she does too much for her so hopefully this is one thing she can make her responsible for, getting dressed on her own.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Lol she'll definitely be more careful next time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TB78
by Tasha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Good for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Lol. Good leason. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)