Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one who NEEDS their man?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was chit chatting on another post about my dependency or need for my bf, that he is why my life is so amazing. He brings out the best in me, he is the reason I'm a better person. He saved me basically, I was going down a horrible path. because he didn't put up with my lies or being a drunk, he didn't let me play head games or mess around on him. I had never had someone love me so much that if i cheated on them would actually care. Sssoooo thoughts....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Well to me a need is something required to live. If something were to happen to him I would be crushed and heartbroken and life would absolutley suck but I would survive and slowly heal. I would miss him everyday though.
ALolies
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM

This actually could have been written by me. I feel the same way.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Well, in what sense are you talking about? I don't NEED him in my life for finances, I have that stuff under control, but he is my best friend and we help each other through things. We are there or each other in every way, should one of us need the other.
bellawomen
by Summer on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I always told my husband I would never need him. I wanted him in my life because I WANTED him there, not because of some obligation or because I was lacking in areas of my own life. Now he cheated and I don't want him in my life, so I m seeking a divorce.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM
How old are you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM

My bf pulled me through a tough time. He's helped me get steady and happy with my life again. That being said, No I dont need him. If he left, yes I'd be devistated. But I'd survive. I'd get on with life. I want him around. I love the man. But you saying you need him does not make your connection deeper.

violetlady
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Well I dont " need " my husband. My body works with or without him. I love him and yes he inspired me but I know one day we will grow older and I have to be ready to be by myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

agreed.. somewhat.

i'd rather be wanted than needed..

my last relationship, i had to end b/c i felt like i NEEDED him. that my life wouldnt be anything- or be much- if he wasnt apart of it. thats not true. i am an amazing person- regardless of who i'm with. i'm capable of staying clean, being a good mother, etc- without someone standing by my side.... but when i was in that relationship, i felt that he was the cause for everything good in my life. i NEEDED him, and i cared less about myself. he was more important than me. it had to change- he had to go.

i'm slowly getting better but i will never be back in a position where i NEED someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Immature love: I love you because I need you

Mature love: I love you because I want/choose you

I don't need my husband. I choose him. I want him.

SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Yeah, Not me. I love the hell out of my hubby, and he makes me feel completely loved. It would tear my heart up if he left, but... I'll survive, my life for the most part wouldn't change. I'd be happy after the sadness of not having him next to me wore off. I can't say he's the reason my life is so amazing. I'm the reason my life is so amazing. My children bring the best out in me. And, I was who I am now when he met me. Glad that you have your other half with you, and that you feel that way about him though. 

tinkerbelle18
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM

This, exactly.

Quoting -_-:

I don't need him in the sense you're talking about. He doesn't make me who I am. I do that. I need him like I need coffee and chocolate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured