Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only one who NEEDS their man?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was chit chatting on another post about my dependency or need for my bf, that he is why my life is so amazing. He brings out the best in me, he is the reason I'm a better person. He saved me basically, I was going down a horrible path. because he didn't put up with my lies or being a drunk, he didn't let me play head games or mess around on him. I had never had someone love me so much that if i cheated on them would actually care. Sssoooo thoughts....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I love my husband, but I do not need him to justify my sense of self and force me to do the right thing.

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM

"Need" is a relative term.  It's going to mean something different from one person to the next so it's hard to compare.

CodenameDuchess
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I don't need any man for personal or emotional security. I couldn't imagine being happy with being that dependent on someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Well put. I said in another post a while ago I don't need my children or my husband to be Happy. All I need to be happy is me and God. I WANT my children and husband in my life and they just add to my happiness. But I WILL NEVER EVER EVER depend on someone else to make me happy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Immature love: I love you because I need you

Mature love: I love you because I want/choose you

I don't need my husband. I choose him. I want him.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goodygumdrops
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Just one question, does your self esteem depend on him?

Josie_P
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:20 PM

This

Quoting CodenameDuchess:

I don't need any man for personal or emotional security. I couldn't imagine being happy with being that dependent on someone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:20 PM

My husband and I need one another. We saved each other and we've been there for each other for thirteen years.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM

If my SO walked away tomorrow, or God forbid something happened to him, I would cry, but I wouldn't be broken. I wouldn't be any less me. So no, I don't NEED my SO. But... if you ask him (and his siblings) he NEEDS me in the way you describe. I make him a better man. LOL ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I chose my husband because he fit me in all manners that counted. We agree on parenting, goals, finances, where to live, and entertainment sources. We are jus different enough to get the other to explore new things but similar enough that we are best friends and can hang out anytime and also be independent of eachother when we have things to do.

CookieMom108
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I wouldn't say you're the only one, but I'm not that way.  I don't *need* my husband, I survived many years without him in my life and I could do it again no problem.  I don't want it to ever come to that, I want him in my life forever, but no I don't need him.  Except to fix stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN