Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only one who NEEDS their man?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was chit chatting on another post about my dependency or need for my bf, that he is why my life is so amazing. He brings out the best in me, he is the reason I'm a better person. He saved me basically, I was going down a horrible path. because he didn't put up with my lies or being a drunk, he didn't let me play head games or mess around on him. I had never had someone love me so much that if i cheated on them would actually care. Sssoooo thoughts....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
JayeC2
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I'm pretty sure I need my hubby, I can't really imagine my life without him.  But I guess I don't need him in a clingy, dependent way.  If something happened, I'd be fine on my own......

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Immature love: I love you because I need you

Mature love: I love you because I want/choose you

I don't need my husband. I choose him. I want him.

I agree with this completely.  If you can't be a good person without someone "making" you be good - you're being controlled.  That is a classic sign of abuse.

kgcrazy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM

for me it's less of a need, than a want. I want him in my life because he makes it amazing, but if anything were to happen I could be on my own.

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I need my husband he's my heart beat. Can't live without that.
fraujones
by Mommytron on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I don't need mine, but I'm glad he's part of my life. 

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I "need" my husband in my life because he's my best friend and I can't imagine not having my best friend around

That being said...I don't "need" him in the sense that I would sudden be on drugs and stuff if he was gone

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I don't "need" my husband in the sense that if he weren't here, I could provide for myself and our daughter.

I want to be with my husband because I love him and we have made a life and family together.

CafeMom Tickers
ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I'm me, no matter who is in my life. If df left today, I'd still be myself. I'd be miserable and lonely for a while, but I wouldn't fall apart. You need to be strong, not rely on someone else to be your strength. Its so sad that some women don't get that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I don't NEED my husband. I'm madly in love with him, love being with him but if he left me I wouldn't shrivel up and die. I would move on with my life.
Kitschy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I don't need my husband in order to be happy. We each generate our own happiness and share it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)