Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is all the hype about??

Name something or some things you don't get the hype about... maybe it is a TV show, trend, movie, singer, parenting practice etc. Anything.

For me it is Channing Tatum. I just don't see what is so hot about him and do not care to watch Magic Mike. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Replies (81-90):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Channing Tatum, I don't see it.

The Rock...don't see it.

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey

The.Hug.Life
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Emo has been around for ages. Emo was the grunge movement and, before that, the outsider/loner thing. Remember the "basket-case" from The Breakfast Club? Totally emo.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cio, teen mom, ipad, iphone, snooki, the kardashians, jessica simpson, the emo trend, Nicki minaj, rhianna, chris brown, bashing PA, bashing Formula feeding mothers, putting anyone and everyone on blast because of their parenting style. Beyonce, justin beiber, one direction

cm high school mentality

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

that was the worst version ever.....it hurt my ears 

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Well, it is now. I used to like it. Now they've gone and fucked it all up. I knew it was time to put a pin in it when they sang the whitest version of "Baby Got Back" in existence this last week. 

Quoting ChrissyReznor:

Glee,I've never watched it ans it looks stupid

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life 

NEED TO KNOW FACTS: TESTICULAR CANCER
✔ One man is diagnosed every hour
✔ One man dies everyday
✔ Can strike at any age, however, most common in the 15-35 age range
✔ Number one killing cancer of young men
✔ MOST CURABLE CANCER, When Caught Early!

The.Hug.Life
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM

You were not alone. I LOL'd forever at the part where he had to remove her tampon to have sex with her. Really? THAT'S what she considers sexy?

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought the sex parts were the worst parts of the book.

Quoting stephiebugg:

I read the books and if it weren't for the sex parts, it'd be a waste of time. I hated the style of writing.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Fifty shades of gray.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I agree with the whole Magic Mike thing. I will be happy as a pig in mud if I never see that movie. Male strippers. I dont' get it. I'm totally into penis, don't get me wrong, but male strippers are gross. Gross. Gross. Gross.

Also 50 shades. Worst book ever. Ever. I feel sorry for the ladies who had to read that book to be inspired sexually. How sad for them. I'd love to have a petition going to stop them from making it into a movie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Flowers in your hair, when you are not Hawaiian or physically in Hawaii. Is that plastic hibiscus in your hair making you feel like you are one with the culture? I don't get it. Lame.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Omg ewww I never read the book that is just nasty.

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

You were not alone. I LOL'd forever at the part where he had to remove her tampon to have sex with her. Really? THAT'S what she considers sexy?

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought the sex parts were the worst parts of the book.

Quoting stephiebugg:

I read the books and if it weren't for the sex parts, it'd be a waste of time. I hated the style of writing.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Fifty shades of gray.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Every show on cable tv...actually I don't understand even having cable tv.

Every song on the radio/top 40. So crappy. Not real music.

Tabloid magazines/ being obsessed with celebrities.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I don't really get adopting other cultures though, when you haven't lived in the culture, maybe just gone on a one week vacay there. But then you decide you are all about living the spirit of Maui or some stupid thing like that. I think it is lame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)