• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does it mean to be pansexual?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I don't understand what it really truly is. Of course I understand gay, straight, bisexual. But what is this "pan" sexual?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gabeybaby07
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

pan is bread in spanish

Maybe they have a thing for pumpernickle loaves?

Piskie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Bisexual means two, that they find both genders attractive. Personally I identify as pansexual because not everyone fits neatly into those two choices, people are a lot more complicated lol.
But really, gender isn't important to me. If I like someone, I like them. Simple.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a label for people who are bisexual but don't think that sound edgy enough.
SLMitchell
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM

That has always been my view on the subject too. :)

Quoting Piskie:

Bisexual means two, that they find both genders attractive. Personally I identify as pansexual because not everyone fits neatly into those two choices, people are a lot more complicated lol.
But really, gender isn't important to me. If I like someone, I like them. Simple.

I am...a dreadlocks sportin', vegan food diggin', garden growin', floaty skirt wearin', bare feet steppin', from scratch cookin', non-spankin', homeschoolin', fiction writin', couponin', dog adoptin', displaced Texan, wife of a soldier and mother of a darlin'...

gabby416
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM

i believe it extends to transgendered people as well. So you might date someone who looks and identifies as a female, but perhaps hasn't had gender reassignment surgery so still has a penis. or vice versa. It's not letting any sexual boundaries hinder your attraction to the person, from my understanding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)