Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay, just because you are old does not give you a pass to mess with my children

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am having quite the day...lol.

I dropped my son off at the airport today. Before his flight, I took him to a restaurant in the airport for lunch.  As we were leaving, I saw this old man say something to him.  I walked past him a few seconds later and the old man looked at me and pointed at my son and said, "I don't trust him."  I was totally confused and smiled at first and then realized that I didn't know if he was joking or being serious.  So, I walked up to my son and asked what the old man said to him.  He said he couldn't tell what he said, so he just kept walking because he didn't look like he was being nice.

So, about that time, I turn around and I see the old man talking to another man and holding his arm straigt out pointing at my son and saying something about him. At this point, I am getting upset.  So, I look at the guy and say, "Do you have some kind of problem with my son?"  The old man goes, "I don't have a problem with anyone."  I said, "Then, why are you saying stuff to him, tell me you don't trust him, and still talking about him and pointing at him."  He goes, "I don't trust anyone.  It isn't anything personal."  I said, "It is pretty personal when you are pointing at someone's kid and telling them you don't trust them."  The guy goes, "I say stuff to everyone.  They can either take it or leave it. They don't have to worry about what I do."  I told him, "You need to take your own advice and not worry about other people and keep it to yourself."

Crazy old man.  I have no idea what his problem was.  My son and I sat there and had a nice lunch. We were quiet. My son is dressed appropriately. He did nothing rude or anything that would call attention to himself and this old man just started targeting him. It was the weirdest thing.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fey-enigma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Crazy.

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.

atyou
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Dun dun dunnnnnn.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I was so upset by it.  My son was like, "Mom, he is old.  A lot of people make assumptions about teens. It is okay."   lol

Quoting fey-enigma:

Crazy.

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I have never wanted to punch an old person in the face before...lol.  Good thing I had my son there to talk some sense into me.

Quoting atyou:

Dun dun dunnnnnn.

fey-enigma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I can remember shopping with my mom and, at the time, my best friend. I had scraped my arm up pretty bad so I had a few bandaids scattered around in a seemingly random fashion. I had this old man physically stop me and ask me if I really thought that was "attractive."

For eight years I worked at a retirement facility, too... The things you hear, heh.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I was so upset by it.  My son was like, "Mom, he is old.  A lot of people make assumptions about teens. It is okay."   lol

Quoting fey-enigma:

Crazy.

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Weirdo. Today is full of them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Lol, did he think it was supposed to be some kind of "style"??

Quoting fey-enigma:

I can remember shopping with my mom and, at the time, my best friend. I had scraped my arm up pretty bad so I had a few bandaids scattered around in a seemingly random fashion. I had this old man physically stop me and ask me if I really thought that was "attractive."

For eight years I worked at a retirement facility, too... The things you hear, heh.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting fey-enigma:

Crazy.

fey-enigma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I guess so, haha.

I went to an OB appointment after physical therapy once. They were using a tape method to try and help my arm. A long strip over my forearm that was split over my ring finger and pinkie. She thought it must have been "in", but I explained to her I had just come from PT, heh.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Lol, did he think it was supposed to be some kind of "style"??

Quoting fey-enigma:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting fey-enigma:

Crazy.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Yah, I generally don't get into public discussions and arguments with people that are obviously mentally ill.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
How is someone obviously mentally ill? Do they wear a sticker or a special hat or something? He was a Navy Vet. Maybe I should have assumed he was off.
Quoting chalisa0:

Yah, I generally don't get into public discussions and arguments with people that are obviously mentally ill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)