Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Taxes!!!!!! Please read

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Did anyone file early or befor jan 30th and get check already? dh and i filed the 19th and turbo tax said it will be here tomorrow

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
tastelikeyum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Ok well if that's true for you than goody goody. I, like most people on here, went by what was on the IRS site. Although my taxes were accepted through tax slayer on a certain date our taxes were not processed by the IRS till the 30th. Hell I want my money early too, so if yours and others went through earlier then I will try to do mines early next year.

Quoting Anonymous:

FFS. The IRS started ACCEPTING returns way before the 30th.

Quoting tastelikeyum:

This. I do t know how people are saying it got accepted on the 25th or whatever date because NOTHING got processed till the 30th.

Quoting puertoricangeek:

The IRS didn't start doing anything until yesterday, 1/30. They will probably mail it out tomorrow. Be patient. There were a lot of changes made this year.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Me too... 

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Mine said it wasn't ready to accept my type of deductions/credits.  So I gotta wait longer.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM

for those saying we couldnt have gotten accepted early.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

IRS is not accepting anything until the 30th. Like all government entities, they are not prepared for all the changes the government initiated.  US government at its finest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Use turbo tax next time. They are proven to be the fastest efile. Available. The problem is that many other efiling companies waited to send the returns through until the 30th as instructed. Turbo tax pushed all returns through before the January 30th date, therefore everyone who is getting theirs processed early and early checks used turbo tax

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Ok well if that's true for you than goody goody. I, like most people on here, went by what was on the IRS site. Although my taxes were accepted through tax slayer on a certain date our taxes were not processed by the IRS till the 30th. Hell I want my money early too, so if yours and others went through earlier then I will try to do mines early next year.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tastelikeyum:

This. I do t know how people are saying it got accepted on the 25th or whatever date because NOTHING got processed till the 30th.

Quoting puertoricangeek:

The IRS didn't start doing anything until yesterday, 1/30. They will probably mail it out tomorrow. Be patient. There were a lot of changes made this year.

tastelikeyum
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I've never used them before. Do you know if they have military discount? We used tax slayer because we get our taxes done for free. I'll google it!! Thanks for the info!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Use turbo tax next time. They are proven to be the fastest efile. Available. The problem is that many other efiling companies waited to send the returns through until the 30th as instructed. Turbo tax pushed all returns through before the January 30th date, therefore everyone who is getting theirs processed early and early checks used turbo tax

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Quoting puertoricangeek:

MrsBridges19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM

If it was because of the education credits, apparently we'll have to wait until Mid-Feb early March.  That's the word on the street.  Ugh.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Me too... 

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Mine said it wasn't ready to accept my type of deductions/credits.  So I gotta wait longer.

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM
God! Thank u for posting this, some ppl just dont get it

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

IRS is not accepting anything until the 30th. Like all government entities, they are not prepared for all the changes the government initiated.  US government at its finest.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Yea thats why i had to get in my husband email and take a pic of it lol

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

God! Thank u for posting this, some ppl just dont get it

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

jas_momof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes :) 

How disappointing, eh?  No worries though - we'll be getting ours by the time most of these clowns have already spent theirs...  hehehe

Quoting MrsBridges19:

If it was because of the education credits, apparently we'll have to wait until Mid-Feb early March.  That's the word on the street.  Ugh.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Me too... 

Quoting MrsBridges19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN