Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you do not have to have sex to have a healthy, loving marriage.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are both perfectly happy without it. We snuggle, are affectionate with each other, but we don't have sex. We have a strong, happy marriage.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never turned him down. He is not cheating, and that is quite an insult to his character. He has never had much of a sex drive.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I find it odd that your dh doesn't want to have sex. Or has he given up asking because you turn him down.

I wouldn't be surprised if you DH's weren't getting sex someplace else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM

id be so happy to be in a sexless marriage. i hate sex. my husband always wants it. usually i do it cuz i feel bad for making him wait. weve gone months without it and i dont miss it at all but he does. i hate it :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM
That was a general 'you'. I am just saying it's possible for a marriage to work without it.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

YOU may not have to have sex to have a healthy, loving marriage. Who are you to say what is healthy and loving for someone else?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Going 24 hours without sex is rough for me!!! Damn.
proudmommy03457
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Like I said MY OPINION (99% of the time I don't think it works that way)..I'm glad you and your dh are happy in your marriage and you two can be that 1%:-]

Quoting Anonymous:

That is not true, and is kind of an insult to a lot of men. Contrary to popular belief, most men do have enough character and integrity to not be unfaithful.

Quoting proudmommy03457:

I'm sorry but I don't think it's possible:'( I think 99% of the time if a man isn't getting it at home he will go somewhere else to get it(even if it is just sex). Just my opinion:)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I never understand why people care what others do or do not do in the privacy of their own homes, especially the bedroom.

Quoting Anonymous:

That was a general 'you'. I am just saying it's possible for a marriage to work without it.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

YOU may not have to have sex to have a healthy, loving marriage. Who are you to say what is healthy and loving for someone else?

jynkx
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

well, i didnt know if you had kids....lol.   how long have you been together? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously not since we have a kid lol. Sex has just never been at the top of our lists of important things. It has always been very infrequent.

Quoting jynkx:

has your relationship always been sexless?  if not, when did you two decide to put a stop to it?  idk why, but im fascinated by this topic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Neither of us is very interested in sex, and nothing is wrong with either of us or our marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your husband doesn't want to have sex with you.  Something is wrong there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM
7 years in February.

Quoting jynkx:

well, i didnt know if you had kids....lol.   how long have you been together? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously not since we have a kid lol. Sex has just never been at the top of our lists of important things. It has always been very infrequent.

Quoting jynkx:

has your relationship always been sexless?  if not, when did you two decide to put a stop to it?  idk why, but im fascinated by this topic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I would see no point in being married if we didn't have sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured