Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Korea?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 29 Replies
I need to decide by tonight if my children and I will be moving to Korea with my husband.

Anyone have any info or insight?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirita323
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM

My husband and I met in Korea. It's an awesome experience. A lot of people speak English and love practicing with foreigners. There are tons of things for kids to do. I loved the food too, and you can still find American food. Where would you be? I lived in Seoul.

kewimom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

is it a temporary move, for milatary or work? It may be a great experience for both you and the kids.  Many countries still have American schools and neighborhoods for companies that bring over American employees.

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM
We have a Korean exchange student. That's pretty cool. I think I would move with him. That is too cool an experience to pass up.
CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM
We are still waiting on the exact orders stating where in Korea. Hopefully he will get them soon but for the time being I'm making the decision to go or not blind.

Quoting kirita323:

My husband and I met in Korea. It's an awesome experience. A lot of people speak English and love practicing with foreigners. There are tons of things for kids to do. I loved the food too, and you can still find American food. Where would you be? I lived in Seoul.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
My husband is in the army and it will be for three years if we go with him

Quoting kewimom:

is it a temporary move, for milatary or work? It may be a great experience for both you and the kids.  Many countries still have American schools and neighborhoods for companies that bring over American employees.

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I'd go sounds interesting
Val99
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I think it would be an interesting experience.

kirita323
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Honestly it doesn't matter where you go. My husband was stationed at Uijeongbu, about 2hours north of Seoul. I was an English teacher there. The south is really nice too. I think 3 years without your husband would be horrible. But I have to ask, what are your reservations about going? Korea is an amazing country. I knew a girl whose husband was in Korea for a year while mine was in Afghanistan and her husband was gone the whole year without coming back at all. I just can't imagine how hard that would be, especially when it's a place like Korea. It's safe, educational, cultural, fun, an all around amazing experience if you choose to make it that. Look up some of the touristy stuff about Korea too.

Quoting CM_Junkie:

We are still waiting on the exact orders stating where in Korea. Hopefully he will get them soon but for the time being I'm making the decision to go or not blind.

Quoting kirita323:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I say go. My brother was stationed in Korea for 3 years and loved it.
AprilDJC
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
My friend is there with her husband and tgeir 4 kids, they all love it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)