Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drama for your llama...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My cousin always has sh*t on me throughout my life. I would only be good enough when it was convenient for her. We were next door neighbors growing up and she would have birthday parties and not invite me. There are many other stories i could tell of her being downright mean to me. As time has gone on, we have had very little contact. I got married, and invited her, but didn't ask her to be part of the wedding party. Recently, she told me she was pregnant so we have been talking a little more. She sent my best friend an invite to a shower, and not me. She isn't close to my friend, but does things just to try to hurt me. Now my mother is going to host one for her, she just told me last night. Would you go? Would you not? I need to make a mature decision and would appreciate honest feedback.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sampson200
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I would not go. She has made is glaringly obvious that you are not a close friend or family member, so why do you think going to one party hosted by a close family member would be significant?

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM
No I would not and my mom wouldn't host a party for someone who has hurt me like that thru the years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I wouldn't go.
Why is your mom throwing her a shower?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Well my mother doesn't care about anyone but herself.
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I wouldn't go
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

IDK, thats tricky. Because if it were me, my mom would of had "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" attitude and she sure as heck wouldn't be throwing her a shower. So, maybe ask your mom if SHE wants you to go. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM
See my mom thinks its ok to bend over and take shit from everyone. At some point you have to draw the line.
nevver
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

You could go just to be supportive, the better person, and spend time with your family. It's up to you.   I wouldn't be too concerned with her. She obviously doesn't like you, so don't base your decision on her.

FullMoonFever
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM

No,I would not go.You don't have to subject yourself to her bullshit.That's the kind of person you just don't need in your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)