Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Un-invited Party Guest...........Am I over reacting? Advice Please

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 24 Replies

Hi Ladies!!!! 

Ok I will try and make this short. My DH has a cousin who is very mean and has a very negative attitude. I was ok with her  until she caused a seen at my daughters 3rd birthday party. I had paid for Mickey and Minnie to show up from a local company and invited every kid I knew to partake in the fun. I am a party planner for a living. Anywho, Everyone is having a great time and we shall call her Kelley decided to throw a fit on her father and start yelling and carrying on inthe dining area of the hall I rented. Everyone could see and hear what was going on and my BFF's mother came and got me to make me aware of the situation. I went over to see what was going on and asked her to stop carrying on the way she was. She started defending herself to me and I had to take her by the arm like a little kid instead of the 36 year old woman that she as and ask her to leave if she couldn't control herself. She stopped right then and told me sorry and then proceeded to walk back in the hall and call her father more explicit words in front of very tiny kids. I then made her leave. My daughter is now going to be 5 and I have left Kelley out of every party and holiday celebration since this incident. I was embarrassed and angry. I have had to see her at other family functions and she is more angry in life then she was at the time of this incident. 

This afternoon my DH went into his eye dr.'s office to pick up his new contact lenses and there was Kelley working as his new receptionist. They made small talk and then she asked DH if I was going to throw one of my famous Superbowl Party's. He told her yes and then....here's the kicker. My husband felt compelled by satan or something to invite her. He knows I don't like or respect her and have not invited her to party's since  her little fit. Not only have I not invited her but several other family members have not invited her to their functions because of her negative attitude and mean temper. What was he thinking? He could have played dumb and not invited her or politely said "yes we are having a small gathering" but NO! He invites her. Do I suck it up and pray she act's normal for once or do I call and un-invite her?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't un-invite her. Just stick to the same guns you had at your daughter's bday party, and if she starts acting crazy, it's your house, make her leave. Good luck though, and I hope she doesn't ruin your superbowl party.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Call and Un-Invite her.....asap.

birthymom4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:09 PM
O had a family member like this. she knocked down my 2 year old year old and called he a little Bitch at her birthday (my DD had bit her)...I really wish I was making that up...It still bugs me to the point of anger.

She was a back up bridesmaid in my wedding, she was needed and agreed then refused to bathe and didn't want to get her hair done...then she cried all during my reception because her parents were divorcing (they weren't)

She just stopped all the crazy shit one day, what changed or clicked is a mystery but she is really great now...I should add she was not 37, she was 19 so big age difference.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I would suck it up. She isn't showing up uninvited, your dh invited her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM

fuck that un invite her, she lacks respect and matturity, it sounds like shes gotten worse not better, dont let her in your home or near your children

PitbullPrincess
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Tough spot.

I say since DH invited her, he should have to manage her for the whole party.

If he's not willing to do that, then HE can call and univite her.

Man, men just don't think sometimes...

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Call her up and tell her that you expect her to act like a decent human being and that if she mis-steps in the slightest manner, you will give her ass Peter Pan lessons.

booklover74
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Id make my DH uninvite her and explain that it was because of her behavior at the last party. I am way to old to deal with crazy people, and i dont particularly care if it would be rude to uninvite them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Compelled by satin? I think you mean Satan.

I would make my husband call her and tell her that he made a mistake inviting her.

CafeMom Tickers
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Let this be her second chance. It's been a couple years. Maybe you could stop her when no one else is around and tell her to be cool or you will tell her to leave....this party is a good time, not drama, so grab a beer and put a smile on or leave.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)