Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My son's father went to jail and i found out this morning through his gf. Well she called me and said that he is being charged with possesion of drugs with intention to distribute. Well she said his bond is $5000 and that he told him to take care of Jr our son. For her to pick him up on weekends like usual, and I said what the hell? My son is not going with you anywhere...I dont even know her. She said I have a son too and I really like jr as my own and It hurts that his daddy is in jail and I dont want him to get hurt. So I explained to her that he has my dh to be a father and protect him like the past 3 years. She sounded sincere but again I dont know her..My son says she is nice and treats him good. Well now I don't know how to explain to my son that his dad is going to be away for a while. How can I tell him...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Bump! Anyone?
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM
How old is he? Maybe you can work out a way for the kids to get together. There is no way in Hell I would let her take him every other weekend. The custody arrangement is between you and his father, not you and her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stephiebugg
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I think maybe some playdates with her and her son would be okay, but I wouldn't let him go there for the weekend either.
Be honest with your son. He'd be upset to find out later in life if you lied.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I completely agree. I wouldn't let him go all weekend but having playdates isn't a bad idea. Plus it would be nice for you to get to know your ex's gf, especially since your son is around her. And just be honest with with him. 

Quoting stephiebugg:

I think maybe some playdates with her and her son would be okay, but I wouldn't let him go there for the weekend either.
Be honest with your son. He'd be upset to find out later in life if you lied.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)