Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Dangerous is Same-Sex Marriage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Received this from my grandpa. eye rolling

He sends me stuff like this ALL the time, because he knows I don't agree with his religious views.

Have to say, this one makes top 3.

What do you think?

How Dangerous Is Same-Sex Marriage?

By Pastor Stephan Nash on January 31, 2013in Pastor Steve Nash

In a recent article I made mention that I would revisit the above subject and elaborate on the concerns we should all share and the impact this union will have on American society.

Before I plunge into the muck of such a topic that I would rather not address, let me remind you how we have been asleep in the light while the secularist has advanced in the dark.  We will begin in 1962-63 when one woman, Madelyn M. O’Hara, was successful in removing prayer and the Bible from our public schools. She was murdered and her bones found in the desert sands, but she sure left a great impact upon our society and especially our schools.

Today, our public schools have become one of the most dangerous places in the U.S.  Our children are receiving a godless, amoral education that they take with them into their marriage, government and other important American institutions where we see the deteriorating results.

We then come to 1973, where the pro abortion left used one woman, Norma McCovey, as their pawn to legalize abortion in the infamous Roe v. Wade.  Since then 55 million babies have been slaughtered in the most dangerous place in America – their mother’s womb!  Isn’t that amazing how the two most dangerous places for our children today are the school we send them to receive an education,  and the womb where God has placed them to begin their lives!

Also, in the 70’s the homosexual community brazenly “came out of the closet” instead of cleaning it.  The result is that we have this anti-Christian lifestyle being shoved down our throats. If we dare object, WE are labeled a “homophobe!”  Understand that I don’t personally care (except for their souls) how two people involve themselves sexually, but I do care how this is impacting our society.  I do care how God views such practices and what happened to societies who condone them.

Now, there is someone reading this article, and at this time your blood pressure is rising because you are saying to yourself, “What an arrogant, judgmental, narrow minded &!#%@ you are Pastor Nash!  My answer; I use to believe just like you until my mind became transformed by God and I received a Christian or biblical world view.  You see, God isn’t going to change His code of morality just because we think He should.  We don’t create God in our image; He has created us in His!

Now, what about Same-Sex Marriage and just how dangerous is it to our society? First of all, we are no longer speaking of two individuals privately engaging in a homosexual relationship.  Instead, these same two want our society to acknowledge and accept that their perversion must be recognized by the community, schools, government and the churches.  Our President, for political reasons, recently made a public statement that he will support same-sex marriage and has “evolved” in his views on the subject.  Mr. President, who do you think you are to attempt to redefine and undermine what God has ordained?

Listen, when two people are privately engaged in such practices, they are individually responsible before God and possibly their families.  When a nation condones such a practice, we “corporately” receive God’s condemnation.  If you don’t agree with that statement, you are ignoring biblical and secular history.  You may be thinking, “What’s so evil about that sin compared to others?”  The answer:  just as there are degrees of commendation and rewards in God’s government, so there are degrees of condemnation and punishment in His judgments.

There are dozens of biblical references that condemn homosexuality that I could list.  I want instead to use reason in an attempt to communicate the gravity of condoning homosexual marriage.  First of all, such a union is NOT mentioned in the Bible!  Why?  The reason is because such a practice was not known or imagined by the societies at that time.  One could not fathom such an immoral decadence.  Christians are exhorted by the Apostle Paul “not to speak of such abominations.”  Well, unfortunately, we are forced to speak on these subjects that are heaped upon us in our age.

Same-sex marriage is so tremendously heinous simply because it usurps God’s design for the family.  If we undermine the very foundation for civilization (the family) we will began to crumble like a falling building.  Think of how angry an architect would be if he found that the builder paid no attention to his design but went ahead and took matters into his own hands only to see the building collapse!

Unfortunately, we who embrace a biblical world view seem to be asleep in the light while, state after state, legalizes such a dangerous practice for our country to embrace.  Where are the voices crying in the wilderness?  Our President is the first president to speak so passionately about the “rights” of a small minority of depraved persons to propagate their transgressions.  Where is the unified voice from the pulpit and other platforms in the public square that decry this lifestyle?

Remember, it took just one woman (with evil support) to defeat prayer, the Bible in schools and to legalize abortion.  “Are there not ten righteous people in Sodom?”  The Lord did NOT destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sinfulness; He destroyed them for lack of righteous people speaking out in opposition to what was going on!  Again, are there not ten righteous that care enough for the future of their children and our nation to speak out whenever they can in this public debate?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.Milfshake.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM
You know all these pastors and priests spewing their homosexual hatred are the first to be caught with boys/men! why don't they STFU and let them LIVE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mshill12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Eerrgg....where do i begin?? first i must say people that cant see people for who they are and except it need to take a 2nd look of the facts. 1st the bible was written by man... God did not write it. who really knows if the bible is the exact word of God. 2nd this reply coming from a baptist christian who fully believes in God. In the bible it says that God loves his children (us). My belief is that God does not judge us by who we love and choose to spend our life with. God judges us as the type of person we are. If we choose to be with, love, and marry someone of the same sex...where is that hurting anyone? No one can choose who their heart decides to love. Love just happens and if we try to ignor it we are only hurting ourselves and sentencing ourselves to unhappiness. I am happyily married to my husband but I have in the past been in a same sex relationship and if my husband and I don't work and I fall in love with a women I am glad that same sex marriage is excepted because I would definately do it. No one has the right to tell me who I can and can not marry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I said the SAME thing I highlighted to grandpa. It did NOT go well! LOL

I believe in God mind you, I just have the same views as you on the Bible.

He has told me that I am going to live in a hut in heaven while he sits in a mansion. Since I won't learn the word of God and he does Bible study EVERY day. lol

He also went postal on the Newton shooting and got in a argument with me, because he said GOD caused it because he was punishing man through our children for accepting gays. YEAH, my eyes went like this O.O and I said WTF.

Now he sends me random emails such as this, because I refuse to have religious based debates with him on the phone or in person.

Sadly my mil is even worse, so I get it from both sides. *sighs*

Quoting mshill12:

Eerrgg....where do i begin?? first i must say people that cant see people for who they are and except it need to take a 2nd look of the facts. 1st the bible was written by man... God did not write it. who really knows if the bible is the exact word of God. 2nd this reply coming from a baptist christian who fully believes in God. In the bible it says that God loves his children (us). My belief is that God does not judge us by who we love and choose to spend our life with. God judges us as the type of person we are. If we choose to be with, love, and marry someone of the same sex...where is that hurting anyone? No one can choose who their heart decides to love. Love just happens and if we try to ignor it we are only hurting ourselves and sentencing ourselves to unhappiness. I am happyily married to my husband but I have in the past been in a same sex relationship and if my husband and I don't work and I fall in love with a women I am glad that same sex marriage is excepted because I would definately do it. No one has the right to tell me who I can and can not marry.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I had no idea I had so much power. 

mshill12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Wow.... I stay out of the argument normally.  I believe in God but there is nothing saying that the bible is his exact word.  We were not alive when the first bible was written.  And if the bible is right then God will love all his children.  Even those that choose to marry of the same sex.  There is absolutly nothing wrong with it.  My husband actually has I believe the same view as your grandfather on gay marriage.  He is ok with people in gay relationships just believes that marriage should be for man and women.  Annoys me sometimes but I still love him.  Though he tells me once in a while when I mention going to my gay friends wedding if he has one that he'll go but he wont like it because "God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve."  How he can be ok with them wanting to be in a relationship but not getting married I'll never know.

Quoting Anonymous:

I said the SAME thing I highlighted to grandpa. It did NOT go well! LOL

I believe in God mind you, I just have the same views as you on the Bible.

He has told me that I am going to live in a hut in heaven while he sits in a mansion. Since I won't learn the word of God and he does Bible study EVERY day. lol

He also went postal on the Newton shooting and got in a argument with me, because he said GOD caused it because he was punishing man through our children for accepting gays. YEAH, my eyes went like this O.O and I said WTF.

Now he sends me random emails such as this, because I refuse to have religious based debates with him on the phone or in person.

Sadly my mil is even worse, so I get it from both sides. *sighs*

Quoting mshill12:

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I saw the word 'pastor' and I stopped reading.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Ok, this is nothing. It sounds like whoever wrote this thinks that homosexual destroys the chance for new life. When in reality it does not. So many people adopt or do surrogate or get pregnant themselves if they are women. I think when it comes to homosexuals adopting it helps society, it helps those kids who would otherwise be in an orphange or foster home where they are not treated very well. It doesn't end the creation of life or family. It begins it in a different fashion. Personally I think this is the civil rights movement of our generation.  And if that is wrong of me to say I do apologize but at some point there will be no point in fighting this, it will become a thing of the past. We are being shown time and again just how accepting some people are no matter how hard the other side fights the one that lets people be happy and have what they deserve as not only American citizens but as humans wins out in the end. I do believe that people have the right to there opinion whether we think it to be wrong or right but we do not have the right to tell people how they choose to be happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)