Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I am officially depressed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
Well, let me start at the beginning...

My husband worked on the road welding. He was working about 9 hours away. One morning at the begining of september, while riding to work with a co-worker he was in a roll over accident. The co-worker was speeding and went to pass someone on the highway. He lost control of the car and they rolled numerous times into a cornfield. The co worker was thought to have a broken back at first, but ended up walking away from the accident and being back to work a week later. Well DH wasn't severely injured , thank god, but he had a humerus break. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital and then sent from there to a university hospital 2 hours from the first hospital. He spent 3 nights there and was released to come home. When he got home we went to see a local surgeon who would not even touch DHs arm. He referred him to a trauma surgeon an hour and a half away. We saw the surgeon on September 18th and they scheduled his surgery for the 25th. Well during this time we had rent due. From all of the traveling we had done and still needed to do, we could not pay our rent. So at that time, Us being a half of a month late on rent, our landlord took it into his own hands and decided we needed to move out. He did not legally file anything and while we were staying out of town for DHs surgery he went to the house and took all of our things out of it. When we returned on the 26th and I went to the house they were there and said we needed to pay rent plus 200 dollars to get our things back! We were not happy but agreed. We took out a loan to pay it. Well after paying him and dealing with TONS of bs I'm not going to sit here and type all of, we had about 3/4 of our things returned. We could not afford to replace the things they kept but at this point we had no choice with out filing a law suit we couldn't afford. We didn't have a home, so now me DH and our two sons went to stay with my parents and their 3 kids.

Now back to his injury. We go talk to a personal injury lawyer and he tells us it falls under workmans comp as well because of the situation. The personal injury claim ends up falling thru. The guy driving the car has no license and the car nor the insurance is in his name. And the insurance that was on the car said they didn't have to pay because the car had been traded for a truck. This I don't understand because the title, tag, and insurance was all in the other persons name. We weren't super worried about it at the time because we had the workmans comp going and everything looking good, until today. The law firm he had chosen to use had one workmans comp attorney, well we received a letter earlier this week saying the law firm had asked him to resign. We find out today that his claim has been denied. A claim that was supposed to be an easy claim. Well the attorney that owns the firm filed an appeal but said he isn't sure what will happen because he doesn't know how bad the other lawyer may have messed things up.

Now another twist on things. I had not had a period since December 2011. I had taken pregnancy test after pregnancy test, and nothing. It's not the first time it had happened either. I went 8 months with no period in 07 and have missed periods dozens of other times. Well I had been having pains and everyone kept pushing me to go to the doctor. I started feeling a fluttering feeling and was concerned. I go to the doctor, expecting to find out I have cancer or something and I find out I'm 19 weeks pregnant with a little boy. I am happy about having the baby but it could NOT have came at a worse time. I am due in 4 weeks and still don't have everything I need for him. We had some issues with my parents so we left their house. DHs aunt had a trailer that she wasnt using and said we could live there as long as we paid all the utilities. So now we are living in a ran down 2 bedroom trailer with a baby on the way. We have sold everything of value and borrowed from his parents to get by until we started getting workmans comp payments, which now looks like may never happen. So here we are, the poorest we have ever been and owing people money we dont have the means of paying back and I can't handle it. DH is temporarily totally disabled as of now. He has an appoinment next month that we are praying goes well and they can atleast release him for light duty. We have been getting food stamps the last couple of months and they have been life savers!

Every since DHs accident he has changed for the worst. He is short tempered and in a bad mood 85% of the time. I understand it's hard for him, but it's hard for everyone right now. He started crying the other day and said he feels like a failure because he can't provide for his family and it's so hard for him to sit and watch us all suffer. But I feel the same way. I can't go get a job and take care of us right now either. Everything that is affecting him is affecting me too, plus I have to deal with him being an asshole and a two year old acting out because I'm sure he is confused and stressed as well. Our 4.5 year old has been doing great emotionally though. He just wants to stay with DHs parents more often because he has to share a room with his little brother and doesn't like it.

I know tons of people have worse lives but I am feeling like we have hit rock bottom. I just wish things could start getting better...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Wow, honey, this is a lot for ANY person to have to try and handle.  Sounds like you're getting royally screwed by the attorneys--maybe you could look into finding Legal Aide in your area?  I feel so badly for you, you are all just so overwhelmed right now.  Sending you hugs and prayers.  Please take care of yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)