• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I run and hide...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
When an unexpected person knocks on my door. I freak out, I actually hide! I know its crazy, but my anxiety wont stop. Anyone else this bad? I was on meds but stopped when I got pregnant..
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Are there any pregnancy safe pills that may help?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I don't open my door unless I'm expecting someone. I know if they ring the doorbell, they don't know me. But the fuckin dog barks like mad. I ignore it. It's amazing how many assholes will keep ringing and stand out there for 5 min or more.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM

If I dont know who it is, I dont open the door.  In the past its always people selling shit I dont need, or trying to give me religious pamphlets. Pass.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I owe the whole world money so yes I do hide lol
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Exactly, my friends just walk in or knock once and walk in.  My doorbell doesnt work so others can stand out there and push that button all they want.  My dog goes apeshit too when someone knocks.  I just let her.  Its a deterrent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't open my door unless I'm expecting someone. I know if they ring the doorbell, they don't know me. But the fuckin dog barks like mad. I ignore it. It's amazing how many assholes will keep ringing and stand out there for 5 min or more.

tnkrbell860
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:56 PM

OMG I have the Church people...I think it's the Morman ones, we have an apartment so normally they knock on one of the 2 front doors on the building (there are 4 apartments, 2 on each half of the house)...but the other day they came in and knocked on OUR personal front door. No one ever comes here so I answered it and of course my daughter was asleep on the couch, I had to wake her up to answer the door because she rolls now. OMG they just kept talking and saying we want to come in and show you this video. Umm no, no way am I allowing 2 men in my home alone with me. THEN they kept staring at my Daughter saying how they are all about family and she was so cute this and that then said how they will come back in like 2 weeks...NO STAY AWAY!!! I am not against Church, the Bible, God...none of that...but I don't want strangers coming to my home...GO AWAY!!! So, yes, I run and hide if I am not expecting a knock on the door lol. AND my dog barks like crazy as well...ugh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:56 PM

my dh does the same thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM
My Dr gave me zoloft but then I saw a commercial about "if you took this during pregnancy and your baby has heart defects call us" (to sue) so I didn't take it :/

Quoting lauren.m:

Are there any pregnancy safe pills that may help?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)