Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told my son "yes" you WILL go to prison *****LO CUSSING POST******

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
If he ever said "what the f*c* again. He said it 5 times in a row. I told him that is a bad word and not even DS 12 or DS 9 are allowed to say it. He said what about mommy and daddy. I cringed and realized that even though I have the highest standards for our fam we have been guilty of saying this around him:-(. So when he asked if he will go to prison I said yes. He got a really wierd look on his face and said ok. Now this is DS 4 first time ever testing a "no no" word.

Have you ever been guilty of cussing in front of the little ones ?
If so what disiplinary steps did you take and how long before the LOs got the point?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1likeme
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Hahaha. Well damn what happens to him if he farts in church?
OkieOBRN
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I do. My children know that therd are some things children dont say. I grew up around it too. Its ok to have seperate rules for the grownups in the family.

My daughter said shit once.. i very gravely told her no, she wasnt to say that. And dropped it. No questions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

the earth will open up and swallow him to hell... lol

Quoting 1likeme:

Hahaha. Well damn what happens to him if he farts in church?

andersongirl562
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes we curse and occasionally our kids do to...we just tell them that only adults are allowed to use those words and we move on about out day. Not a big deal IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

i teach my kids reality... they say a bad word, i tell them, its not right, or i correct it with something funny.

Douch Bag is Juice Bag

Fuck is truck or duck

my kids are 5 & 3 & yea they repeat shit i say, but i wont tell them they will go to prison for it... thats just a little extreeme.. but to each their own..

curlycupcake
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM
My kids hear plenty of "bad" words. But we reign in the worst words, fuck, cunt, etc... 5 year old dd has said both hell & damn. Both of which, no question, she got from me. I simply said that's not appropriate language for a young lady. I told her that she needs to have respect for herself & others, and using language like that is disrespectful. That was the end of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
other_mother
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Yes, we have been guilty of cussing in front of our kids. I dropped a hot roaster with a ham in it on my bare foot one day and let out a loud "FUCKING HELL."

Of course the kids picked it up. We told them it was a bad word and kids weren't allowed to say it, and if we heard them say it, they would go in time out.

So far, so good.

They are saving it for when we are visiting my parents. I know.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I cuss around my kids, they know those are grown up words and they don't use them.

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Yes, DS sometimes repeats them innocently like "wipe my ass mom" but I tell him he cant say that and then he doesnt for awhile. Hes 4 as well.

annasew
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM

lol I told my 3 that kids that cuss get soap for dinner for a week.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)