Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Refund being held because of education tax credits.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone using the Education Credits form 8863 this year?  I was told my tax return was being held because of it, when I looked up the form online it said they will not process refunds using it until mid February.  If you used it what time frame where you told for processing?  Thanks!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Our neighbor is an accountant. He was over the other night and had told us certain credits would hold up processing. The education one was one he mentioned. He said mid February is the earliest, but he also said he wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to March.

shannonmarie77
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Thanks for the reply.  That totally sucks. :(

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM

All I get is a $250 educator deduction. I don't think that's what you are talking about though. I hope not anyway.

BDolphins82
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM

yeah  i know.  I am irratated.  I need that money now to pay off two bills. :(  then I already planned a mini vacation for my daughter and I for some alone time since I finished school and want to do something special for her.  I can't reserve the rooms until I get my money and we are supposed to go March 10-13 :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Mines being held up for the same reason :(
shannonmarie77
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Here is a list of the forms that are delayed: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/List-of-IRS-forms-that-1040-filers-can-begin-filing-in-late-February-or-into-March-2013

Quoting KairisMama:

All I get is a $250 educator deduction. I don't think that's what you are talking about though. I hope not anyway.

shannonmarie77
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I'm sorry. :(  Hopefully they are just saying longer just in case.

Quoting BDolphins82:

yeah  i know.  I am irratated.  I need that money now to pay off two bills. :(  then I already planned a mini vacation for my daughter and I for some alone time since I finished school and want to do something special for her.  I can't reserve the rooms until I get my money and we are supposed to go March 10-13 :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM
We filed a 1098t (pretty pointless for us though) and it says the same thing for ours :( first yr we do it it gets held back of course.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)