• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Party Planner

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

So i'm looking into opening my own party planning business. I need ideas on what parents would look for & how much you would charge for services.

This is what i'm thinking:

Party Packages:
$50 I will create a pinterest account with all the info for your party if you want to do it yourself but don't have the time to search for it.

$100-200 I will order everything from food to decorations/supplies for you. I hire caters of I order the food for you to be delivered. All you have to do is host the party.
Hosting/running for be $200 plus $20 an hour during the party. Includs setting up & cleaning after.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:24 PM

bump

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I'd look for as humanly cheap as possible. I'm really cheap. I wouldn't spend more than MAYBE $200 , and that's my maximum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:29 PM

What if someone was able to get you all the decoration/food for $200, would you pay them for their time & services.

Quoting ColieO:

I'd look for as humanly cheap as possible. I'm really cheap. I wouldn't spend more than MAYBE $200 , and that's my maximum.

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM
If everything cost $200, food, decorations, time spent, yes. $200 plus additional for time spent, no. I could do it myself for less than half that.

Quoting Anonymous:

What if someone was able to get you all the decoration/food for $200, would you pay them for their time & services.

Quoting ColieO:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Education and business skills. Otherwise, they'd be as qualified as myself.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I'm a cheap skate & would never huge a party planner for a kids bday party. I'm no help, but here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM

bump

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I wouldnt pay anyone to plan my kids b-day party..

ebbierowe
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I am going to school to be an event planner and i have found that the average mom wont hire someone to plan the party per se. They will pay to get the items at a discounted price. now the moms with a little more money may pay for the planning aspect. I would suggest focusing on milestone parties ie sweet 16, quinceras(sp), bar and bot mitzah (sp), maybe 18th birthday and graduation but again you are going to ness to focus on the moms with disposable income.

For kids parties I would charge a hourly rate for the service.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I was thinking of charging $50-200 depending on what there looking for. I would order the food/decorations at a reasonable price. So all they would have to do is host the party. No cooking or running errands to get the stuff.

Quoting ebbierowe:

I am going to school to be an event planner and i have found that the average mom wont hire someone to plan the party per se. They will pay to get the items at a discounted price. now the moms with a little more money may pay for the planning aspect. I would suggest focusing on milestone parties ie sweet 16, quinceras(sp), bar and bot mitzah (sp), maybe 18th birthday and graduation but again you are going to ness to focus on the moms with disposable income.

For kids parties I would charge a hourly rate for the service.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)