Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it hurt your feelings?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
If your mother in law made it obvious a certain kid was her favorite, which is SIL and bil 's daughter

Would you say something? What would you say?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM
yes, my parents do that and it still hurts, i was the youngest of three and always the scapegoat, now i have two kids and they are back burner residents as well.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Yes it would. Playing favorites is BS.

babygirlsmom314
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes it would.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yeah her pics on Facebook of their kid is like 30 to one of mine. And she has had her all day my five year old asked to come over twice this week and she hasn't got to

Quoting Anonymous:

yes, my parents do that and it still hurts, i was the youngest of three and always the scapegoat, now i have two kids and they are back burner residents as well.

Mom7142
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes
spicy_n_sweet
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM

No.  I've never understood being angry or hurt if a parent/grandparent seems to like one child over another.  Humans are humans, they get along with some people they don't get along with others. They enjoy the company of some people and they do not enjoy the company of others. Some situations make it easier to spend time/money or whatever on one kids/one set of kids over another. I've never expected my son's grandparents to feel/treat him exactly like they treat other grandkids. I would be impossible in our situation really, so I've never had an issue with anything that could seem like or be taken as one kid being shown preferential treatment over another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
It's because my kids notice and they don't understand that.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

No.  I've never understood being angry or hurt if a parent/grandparent seems to like one child over another.  Humans are humans, they get along with some people they don't get along with others. They enjoy the company of some people and they do not enjoy the company of others. Some situations make it easier to spend time/money or whatever on one kids/one set of kids over another. I've never expected my son's grandparents to feel/treat him exactly like they treat other grandkids. I would be impossible in our situation really, so I've never had an issue with anything that could seem like or be taken as one kid being shown preferential treatment over another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
thats sad, my oldest brother just got his first baby, and of course its number one forever now. i just let it go. theyre not important enough to worry about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah her pics on Facebook of their kid is like 30 to one of mine. And she has had her all day my five year old asked to come over twice this week and she hasn't got to

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)