Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So far today

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
203 people were shot. As of 6pm eastern time, the NBC nightly news just said.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
-42-
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yeah.....I had my 'wtf' face on for 10 minutes straight.

WTF is going on?

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM

soooo, 203 people out of how many people in the US? Yeah, it sucks but is a small percentage, and has been going on for years. Its coming out now because of the Sandy Hook Shooting and all these gun banning topics,THIS IS NOTHING NEW THE MEDIA IS MAKING IT OUT TO BE LIKE THIS IS SOME REVELATION OR SOMETHING. STOP BEING SUCKED INTO THE CRAP! LOL

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Yeah, I was just making conversation. Thanks for yours?

Quoting Lyssa0587:

soooo, 203 people out of how many people in the US? Yeah, it sucks but is a small percentage, and has been going on for years. Its coming out now because of the Sandy Hook Shooting and all these gun banning topics,THIS IS NOTHING NEW THE MEDIA IS MAKING IT OUT TO BE LIKE THIS IS SOME REVELATION OR SOMETHING. STOP BEING SUCKED INTO THE CRAP! LOL

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I guess, as the poster after you said, its nothing to get worked up and it happens every day.

Quoting -42-:

WTF is going on?

skittlefart
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Damn...

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I saw that too... :(
-42-
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Oh yeah, we should totally just get used to hearing about murders and all of that bad stuff and chill out.

The day that everyone hears about 200+ shootings and no one thinks anything of it is the day I'm scared. I'm sure the parents of a murdered child will rest easier knowing that their child is just a statistic, and an unimportant member of this society.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

I guess, as the poster after you said, its nothing to get worked up and it happens every day.

Quoting -42-:

WTF is going on?

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM

lolol, sorry for getting worked up. Its a topic I am passionate about. ;)

Quoting Lyssa0587:

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I thought it was worth mentioning. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of record.

Quoting -42-:

Oh yeah, we should totally just get used to hearing about murders and all of that bad stuff and chill out.

The day that everyone hears about 200+ shootings and no one thinks anything of it is the day I'm scared. I'm sure the parents of a murdered child will rest easier knowing that their child is just a statistic, and an unimportant member of this society.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Quoting -42-:

WTF is going on?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)