Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

YES! I am going to go there.... SAHM vs Working MOMs.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
13 moms liked this

It's been post after post after post..... and yes, I understand the irony that I am posting  yet another....BUT

I have been both a full-time working mom for 5 years and now a SAHM for almost 5 years.

BOTH have their challenges, both have their rewards.....

I understand that working mom's have to do everything a SAHM does PLUS they have a job.  But when there is no one at home (kids at school or day care and parents are at work), the house doesn't need the attention that a SAHM mom that has 2 kids at home all day does....... so there is a bit more house work, dirty dishes, dirty floors, bathrooms, etc that a working mom doesn't have.

However, SAHM's have the opportunity to be available for school activities,etc but they don't make their own money, so their contribution financially isn't there......while Working moms have a bit more independence, making money for the good of the home....

Both are great!!!!   

There are many others that i haven't thought of right now, but my point is that it doesn't flipping matter whether you're a SAHM or a working mom. Either can be a good or bad mom.  But just because you're a working mom doesn't mean you are neglecting your family, it just means  your sacrifices are different.  AND just because you are a SAHM doesn't mean you're lazy... your sacrifice is different than that of a working mom!

So give it all a rest!!!!  We all have responsibilites.... lets just worry about our own responsibilities, put on our big girl panties and move along.  That  is all we can really do for each other!

Carry on!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

eye rolling

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I get a little of both worlds. I teach now, but am home from May 30 to mid August (minus some workshop days). I'm very happy in life. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Me, too!

Quoting KairisMama:

I get a little of both worlds. I teach now, but am home from May 30 to mid August (minus some workshop days). I'm very happy in life. :)

pennerb538
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM
4 moms liked this

O gawd. You know what? Fuck people who talk shit about SAHMs. Sorry your 40 hour a week job is rough, so is my 24/7 SAHM job. 

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't understand why this is such a debate. It's all going to depend on each person. Some will have a much easier time as a SAHM than working while others couldn't handle being a SAHM at all and need to work for their sanity's sake. No single way is better for everyone than the other.

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
As a year round teacher, I get both worlds. I suck as a SAHM. I'm usually quite ready to go back to work after 3 weeks of track out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM
4 moms liked this

Well, to be fair (like I said, I am a SAHM now).... I did work a 40 hour week + 10 hours/driving, but when I got home... I had to be mom....so yeah.. in a since I worked 24/7 then too!  

Quoting pennerb538:

O gawd. You know what? Fuck people who talk shit about SAHMs. Sorry your 40 hour a week job is rough, so is my 24/7 SAHM job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM
5 moms liked this

lol no sahm works 24/7. I SAH and have a husband who helps after work and days off. My kids also do these things called SLEEP and independent play. If your kids are up your ass 24/7 you're doing this SAH thing all wrong.

Quoting pennerb538:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I agree... it actually took me 2 years to be able to stay home.  I would come home and stay for 2 weeks and then I was ready to go back to work.  But I was finally able to become one.  I love it.  NOW.

My youngest will be starting to school in Aug... I will return to work at that time!

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I don't understand why this is such a debate. It's all going to depend on each person. Some will have a much easier time as a SAHM than working while others couldn't handle being a SAHM at and need to work for their sanity's sake. No single way is better for everyone than the other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I understand that too.... I wasn't a teacher, but it took me a couple years to get ready to become a SAHM!

Quoting momtolittleg:

As a year round teacher, I get both worlds. I suck as a SAHM. I'm usually quite ready to go back to work after 3 weeks of track out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)