• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would your MIL be considerate enough ... ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
To get the flu shot if your young dd cannot get it? My dd is very allergic to egg and cannot receive the flu shot and is not old enough to get the eggless flu shot. My ped said she should be fine if all adults that are around her get it bc I am a sahm and don't have other children . Well my mil works at wal mart so I know she's constantly in contact with ppl who have the flu. You would think she would be considerate enough to get the flu shot since she still expects to see dd . But found out yesterday when she visited ( and kept coughing ! ) that she had not got it . When I asked her , she said " no I haven't MOM " as if I was concerned about her. I replied " well if she (my dd) gets the flu she could die ". She didn't say anything back . I think this is very inconsiderate . Yes it's her choice but if she loves my dd u would think she would have gotten it knowing dd cannot . What do u think ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I don't really know. I can tell you that although I would not get the shot, I would understand not being able to be around the kiddo for a bit. You have every right to protect your LO however you see fit, after all. But I'm guessing your MIL isn't considerate enough to understand/care if she knowingly brought her cough (and therefor potential illness) around your DD.

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I think it's her choice. HOwever i woud think she wouldn't come around your child when she is sick either, that would be the considerate part.

SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM

no one in my family gets the flu shot and i don't care about others status / but in your extreem situation - yeah i would hope everyone would if it could make her die.

FIREFOX1336
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Nope, with all the whooping cough cases I have made sure everyone that visits is has had that shot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I would never ask that of anyone. The world doesn't need to vaccinate themselves for your daughter, your MIL doesn't have to inject herself with anything she doesn't want to. I would just keep the baby secluded until you can vaccinate her I guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I dont let people around my children if they are not vaxed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:54 PM

nope my  in-laws  are asses when it come to getting a shot of any kind to protect my kids  so in return im not taking my kids around them until this  crap is over with to bad for them guess they'll learn to suck it up huh

SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

No I would never inflict anyone to the flu shot.

CafeMom Tickers
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I wouldn't even ask her to much less expect her to. Would she be considerate enough? Probably. Still wouldn't ask.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never ask someone to get a vaccine. Period.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)